GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Pairing a phone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK 4Matic 2/20/09-White, Premium 1/Lighting/Multimedia/Rear Ent/Appearance/iPod/Heated Seats
Pairing a phone?

Just got my GLK yesterday and only have limited time to play with all the electronics since I have a 1 year old baby. So, I was trying to pair my phone just now and I can't seem to get the car to recognize it. I've been able to pair my phone to my husband's mini and my computer and headset so I know the bluetooth works on my phone. Any suggestions on where to find a list of phones that are compatible. I can't imagine that my phone isn't compatible. I have a Samsung SCH-U740. I've searched the GLK manuel and can't find any info. This is driving me crazy because I am pretty good with technical stuff. Anyone have any problems with their bluetooth??
Old 02-21-2009, 06:56 PM

2010 GLK350 4Matic, Tenorite grey, Premium package, Bixenon package & Burl walnut wood trim
Originally Posted by jewels2b
Just got my GLK yesterday and only have limited time to play with all the electronics since I have a 1 year old baby. So, I was trying to pair my phone just now and I can't seem to get the car to recognize it. I've been able to pair my phone to my husband's mini and my computer and headset so I know the bluetooth works on my phone. Any suggestions on where to find a list of phones that are compatible. I can't imagine that my phone isn't compatible. I have a Samsung SCH-U740. I've searched the GLK manuel and can't find any info. This is driving me crazy because I am pretty good with technical stuff. Anyone have any problems with their bluetooth??
http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual.../samsung.shtml

Your phone is not on the support list. Try to pair your phone with the instruction from the link above.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:28 PM

civic
I thinks it's not compatible.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:55 PM

GLK 4Matic
Jewels2b, I'm pretty sure your phone will be compatible unless it is an ancient relic. I sat in my wife's GLK a couple of days ago and got her LG and my iPhone to pair without reading the manual(which we still don't have until Monday). But what I was really going to say was that my wife has her GLK and I have my British Racing Green Metallic 2008 MINI Clubman. I'm also on North American Motoring, which if you don't know, is a MINI site. There on the Clubman forum, someone was asking about new vehicle recommendations and I think one of the vehicles mentioned was the GLK. I haven't logged on there since this morning to see the response to my GLK recommendation. I'm glad to see other MINI/GLK families around. Good luck with the phone pairing.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:47 PM

2010 GLK 4Matic 2/20/09-White, Premium 1/Lighting/Multimedia/Rear Ent/Appearance/iPod/Heated Seats
ftttubrgcm,

LOL!! Yep, GLK/mini family here! My husband has a 2008 mini cooper S, astro black metallic. He LOVE his mini! He says it beats the GLK but I think he's just jealous. We also have a 2003 GMC Sierra, you know, for when we need the extra room. Oh, and a 2005 Itasca Sunrise Class A Motorhome which we tow the mini behind! We are planning for one more kid so hopefully all these vehicles will fit our family just perfectly.

I got the phone to pair but it doesn't show my address book but at least I can use the phone hands free now, since it's the law and all.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:50 AM

GLK 4Matic
Jewels2b, I wanted my wife to wait for the MINI Crossman but she couldn't do it. One of the factors was the closest dealer is about 300 miles away. The GLK is pretty persuasive anyway, especially over her RX350 she traded. We aren't through with Lexus just yet. Just wanted the Germans to try to impress me.