GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Underbody coat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK, Steel Grey, Premium Package
Underbody coat?

We are considering financing our GLK. Is it worth paying for an Underbody Coating? What about other packages such as paint protection, etc? The sales here are trying hard to sell us those packages, but personally not sure how much value they offer. Any thoughts?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 959 Likes on 576 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by jywu88
We are considering financing our GLK. Is it worth paying for an Underbody Coating? What about other packages such as paint protection, etc? The sales here are trying hard to sell us those packages, but personally not sure how much value they offer. Any thoughts?
These generally are all a complete waste of your money, and only add to dealer profit. Turn them down. The one 'add-on' I would recommend however is winshield protection IF your dealership will sell it for a reasonable price. I got 4 years of repair/replacement with MB OEM glass for $420. This is a great buy imho given the cost of a new windshield.

Bish
Old 03-07-2009, 04:07 PM

GLK-350
Originally Posted by thebishman
These generally are all a complete waste of your money, and only add to dealer profit. Turn them down. The one 'add-on' I would recommend however is winshield protection IF your dealership will sell it for a reasonable price. I got 4 years of repair/replacement with MB OEM glass for $420. This is a great buy imho given the cost of a new windshield.

Bish
what does it take for them to give you a replacement though? They will prob screw you around "fixing" it instead of putting up for a new windshield
Old 03-08-2009, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993

Bish
or just get glass coverage with your insurance. They come to you to replace the glass if needed.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Well American Family does not have a glass replacement rider, so it is a good deal for me.

They will come to you to fix/replace the windshield, and will only use MB OEM glass.

Bish
Old 03-10-2009, 11:43 PM

GLK 350 / Acura Integra GSR (2001) Crackenstein Engine

Bish
Lone Star MB in Calgary is offering me that protection for $950 cdn plus tax. You think thats a fair price???
Old 03-11-2009, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by SSFinest
Lone Star MB in Calgary is offering me that protection for $950 cdn plus tax. You think thats a fair price???
Not too sure of the exchange rate, but initially I was quoted about $640 iirc. I said is that the best you can do? The finance guy then says well, no, how about $420? I said i'll take it.

These dealer add-ons are mostly profit remember; there is plenty of room for negotiation.

Bish
Old 03-11-2009, 02:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
I dont think its a good price. My dealer in Markham Ontario, is offering each package, Wheel and Rim - Glass - Interior for $499 per package for 3 years, if you take all 3 ist like $1195 same as lease end protection This is a money grab for MB so I am sure you can negotiate.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:54 AM

GLK 350 / Acura Integra GSR (2001) Crackenstein Engine
Originally Posted by Leslielp
I dont think its a good price. My dealer in Markham Ontario, is offering each package, Wheel and Rim - Glass - Interior for $499 per package for 3 years, if you take all 3 ist like $1195 same as lease end protection This is a money grab for MB so I am sure you can negotiate.

Thanks for the heads up. I have noticed that MB service has gone down now that they have my money. I am still waiting for my car and I ordered it at the end of Jan. They said end of March but as of yet I havent heard back from them. I called but they now told me that I will get it first week of april now. My sales guy tells me that there are no discounts allowed but I hear that on the east coast they have been handing out some discounts. Oh well. Hopefully I get mine soon I cant wait.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
Correction, the Glass protection was not an offer. I miss read the shield protection, its actually a paint protection, I am sorry if this causes any grief. The third option was an interior protection against weear and tear of the leather or scratches to the interior, if you have kids I guess its something to consider. The tire and rims is what I ended up taking of the three.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 AM

528i, GLK
Thanks for the heads up. I have noticed that MB service has gone down now that they have my money. I am still waiting for my car and I ordered it at the end of Jan. They said end of March but as of yet I havent heard back from them. I called but they now told me that I will get it first week of april now. My sales guy tells me that there are no discounts allowed but I hear that on the east coast they have been handing out some discounts. Oh well. Hopefully I get mine soon I cant wait.
We get discounts cause Wall street has been laying off people. Its the same reason we are now seeing housing declines that are inline with the rest of the nation.

Were you able to take advantage of the 0.9%/1.9% APR? that is if you are purchasing... that's all over the nation, not just east coast.