GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Did anyone get the First Class Lease Protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Did anyone get the First Class Lease Protection

I wanted to ask if anyone else see's the benefit in getting the first class lease protection? In short it will waive your total responsibility for excess wear and tear charges at lease-end, up to maximum of 3500.

Covers - Dents, scratches, Paint damage, cracked or broken glass, broken or missing parts that cost 150 or less, bumper damage, wheel damage, tires less that 3.2 mm thread, broken lights, trim or moulding, etc.

Thanks for your inputs...

Edit: Forgot to add cost is 1195 + tax.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Depends. If you are definitely returning it and you drive a lot and park in places where it is very likely to get scratched then maybe. On the other hand if you plan on buying it out, then there is not point.

I think it's a waste. In order for this thing to be worth it, you need to have over 1500 (1200 cost plus earned interest on this money being in the bank) in excess tear and wear in the end but less than 3500. Plus it might not cover everything. I think you better off not getting it and paying whatever you might have to pay at the end of the lease. And if you plan on leasing another car for the dealer they might waive all of that excess wear and tear anyways.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:41 AM

GLK 350
With the low profile tires, in 3 years I am pretty sure they will have to be replaced. Considering the cost of those, that should cover the lease protection, no? With Toronto and the winter we just had lots of pot holes, added insurance, but NYCGLK i agree with you that if I lease another car from them, usually they waive all excess wear and tear.

So no one has purchased this whenever you have leased??
Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Originally Posted by Baby G
With the low profile tires, in 3 years I am pretty sure they will have to be replaced. Considering the cost of those, that should cover the lease protection, no? With Toronto and the winter we just had lots of pot holes, added insurance, but NYCGLK i agree with you that if I lease another car from them, usually they waive all excess wear and tear.

So no one has purchased this whenever you have leased??
If tires arealmost done and have to be replaced it's normal wear and you would not pay for them anyways. If you had to replace them before lease is up it would go out of your pocket anyways.

Also, I don't think it covers rims. Only minor scratches and dents under 150. Keep in mind there is a difference between damage and excess wear and tear. Bent rim or damanged tire is not excessive wear and tear.

If anything you would want to get tire protection plan against the bubles in the tires from hitting potholes. I had to replace a tire twice in a year on my last car, cuz I had 45 sidewall. They were cheap kumho thos, so only coast 100 bux plus intallation. These usually dont cost much either, 50-100 bux a tire I think. People with bimmers might have better idea as BMW offers tire protection.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
I got it on my lease, will pay for it up front. Have to agree with all the above posts. Looks like MB does not do a lease return like Honda. The dealership will do the inspection and with 24000km/yr for 3 years I have a gut feeling they will ding you for the tire replacement and resurfacing of the rims if there are any scratches. I am very careful about parking but the GLK is wider than my 05 CRV. Besides its a total of $3500 of repairs it does cover so if you got some serious door dents exterior or interior damage this should cover you.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:59 AM

2010 GLK
I am taking delivery next week...the closer suggested...

Chemical Detail Treatment Package.
We treat both the inside and the outside of your GLK350, treating the paint with a sealant that acts like a 5 year wax, keeping your car looking its best with little effort. The inside is treated both fabric with a stain resistor, and the leather with a protectant cream. It comes with a 5 year warranty and will last as long, on your vehicle. Mercedes-Benz has spared no expense bringing in this formula for us to sell. Bottom line we normally sell this package for 849.00 but as Spring fast approaches, I feel that it is important to keep your car in the best shape. I would like you to add this and I will do it for you at 549.00 including a 5 year warranty on workmanship.

I think more important on your lease instead of a security deposit we can add what is called "First Class Lease Protection" This will cover any lease end charges for you up to 3500.00 so this really makes your lease a worry free lease. The cost is 1195 and the security deposit is waived, so really you would be paying a bit more for way more coverage really makes sense. I really believe this is something that should be added.

ANY TIPS ?....My interior is ARTICO (not leather) should I get the lease protection?