GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Problem with the seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350, AudiTT 3.2, S-Class
Problem with the seats

I went to the vancouver car show today, and tried out all 3 cars: X3, GLK, XC60, and I found out that the seats in the GLK seem a little bit less comfortable than the others?? anyone else feel that way??

P.S but plz dont take me wrong, I love the GLK very much, bought one, wont regret it whatsoever!!
Old 04-04-2009, 06:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
You might be right. Volvos usually have very good seats, unless they don't fit you. My friend had volvo V70, and the seats were awesome. My mom had S60 with the same seats, and the seat architecture was not for her.

Bimmer's seat might be a little sportier and hold you better.

In GLK seats was one of the complains in some reviews I read. Some say they are too flat, and I see what they are saying. You can't lift front bottom part much higher then the rear part (meaning you can't tilt the whole seat back if that makes sense). I noticed this first time I sat in it, however was not an issue on test drive or afterwards whatsoever.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:30 AM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
It took me about 2 weeks to get the seat in a perfect position. thank god for the p1 memory seat option. if i lost it, i'd be pissed!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:07 AM

528i, GLK
I'm still adjusting mine!

but I don't think its the seating positions, MB seats tends to be more firm, good for long trips. Takes time to get use to.

This characteristic is identical through out MB line ups.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Almost a Member!

2010 GLK350 AWD 2008 C300 AWD (traded).
Talking Seats will be fine.

Originally Posted by bobhammer
I went to the vancouver car show today, and tried out all 3 cars: X3, GLK, XC60, and I found out that the seats in the GLK seem a little bit less comfortable than the others?? anyone else feel that way??

P.S but plz dont take me wrong, I love the GLK very much, bought one, wont regret it whatsoever!!
I didn't take delivery of my GLK yet. I'm still driving my C300 4matic Luxury. The G won't be here until June. But, I can tell you that my 2008 C300 4matic most likely uses the same seat and although they don't feel cushy, they give great support and are good for long trips. We drove from northern Florida to central Pennsylvania in the C class and only stopped for lunch and a couple stops to the bathroom with only minor discomfort. Also, when I test drove the X last year, I noticed that the X3 has less side to side room for the driver compared to the GLK. Oh and one more thing. I had taken a trip back from Florida in a rental Volvo S60 and couldn't stop overnight because of time constraints. I was in total pain after just 5-6 hours from the cramped/hard seats. I'm not sure how the XC60 stacks up to the sedan but...I think you made the right choice here. The only thing I can opine to in a negative way is that I think the leather seats in the GLK are less pliable than the vinyl and I wouldn't recommend them. The MBtex are easier to clean and last longer than leather. Congratulations.