GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Door/interior handle creaking noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 S600 lorinser, 2010 Glk350 4matic
I had very creaking door handles on my 2010 GLK, it was driving me crazy, ever time i went over some bumps or my knee rested against the door handle, it sounded like some Lego pieces flexing, annoying cheap sounding creak that should come from a Kia. I took it into the dealer and complained about it on all the door handles, they put in a request to have them all replaced for me. I waited about a month before the parts came in and it took them a couple day to install them but the difference is night and day. They are solid as a rock now with no flex while grabbing them, and no sounds anymore. I am so happy that i took the time to actually have them change these out for me, I suggest you have the dealership take care of it asap because it is definitely curable.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
Originally Posted by PHML
Do you know exactly what they did? My creaking noises came back. Its mainly the window.

If you notice, there's no noise when the window is rolled down...only when its up.
If this has not been solved, I may have experienced the same strange, "crinkling" and "static" noise when the vehicle is at lower speeds, especially turning a corner. I don't know if it is permanently fixed (as it has only been 10 days since trial), but here is what I did:

I took a clean rag and applied a tire shine product (Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Tire Shine) to it generously (moist - not sopping). Then, I simply wiped down the entire insulation/seal to each door, especially the velvet-like top of the window frame. I was careful not to get on other parts of the body just in case. It instantly stopped the problem.

In fact, in a nod to scientific process, I only tested on the one door for a few days. I could still hear the noise in the other parts of the truck (GLK350), so I performed the same trick on those too. Been silent ever since. Even it comes back, it won't take that long or much expense to redo.

Hope this helps.