looking for some accessories... advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
looking for some accessories... advice?

Hey gang,

I'm looking where I can buy some good quality all-weather floor mats for the GLK. I found the WeatherTech website that makes the custom GLK ones (I hear they're also the manufacturers of the MB brand..truth??), but was wondering if there were any others you could suggest that fit well into the GLK?

Apparently they're out of stock @ the Hamilton location, and the order would be here in 3wks.

I'm also lookin for a place where I can buy roofrails for the GLK.. the one with that fits the skis/snowboards. Any direction would be appreciated.

I'm in southern Ontario.

Cheers
Old 10-06-2009, 04:54 AM

M-B GLE, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche Boxster (spouse)
Everyone seems to recommend the WeatherTech DigitalFit mats as the ones to buy if you place a premium on an accurate fit. And like you, I've seen people saying they make the ones M-B dealerships sell...but I have no independent knowledge of that. I will note though that they sure look similar...my dealer sold me all-weather mats at dealer cost (cheaper than buying in the US + shipping + available the next day) and they sure look like the pics I've seen of WeatherTech's...except for the unobtrusive M-B logo moulded in.

Not to say though that other companies don't make mats of equally good quality/fit. Some of the brand-name recognition has to be due to the incredible advertising budget the company employs. I'm a subscriber to most of the US car magazines and every issue has a WeatherTech multi-page advertisement.

WeatherTech has a Canadian distributor which should reduce the shipping costs I'd think.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:43 AM
pez

GLK350 4Matic
Chiller I'm in the same boat as you with the Ski rack, I can't find a single place that sells the accessories to Canadians.

From my dealer he said there are 2 different ski racks, a 4ski/2board and a 6ski/4board, and quoted me ~$610 for the roof rack and 6/4.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:15 AM

BMW 135/ GLK 350 4Matic Sand Beige, Parktronic, Lighting Package, Heated Seats, Running Boards
I don't know if WeatherTec and MB brand the same could be possible. I went the WeatherTec route and they look good and fit great! Took a little over a week for delivery (USPS) not bad.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:40 PM

GLK 350
Got an order in with the WeatherTech guys for the all-weather mats. Back ones in on Friday, and the fronts should be a week they said.

One down - one to go... and I've got time til winter to get the ski rack. Thanks for the tip pez; I'm going to check out what my dealer is going to quote first... but I wish there were other known retailers.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:40 AM

Chiller, after spending quite a bit of time on the ski carrying problem, I've about decided to go the Genuine M-B Accessories route myself. Nothing else seems to look as nice. Plus, I like the pull-out feature.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Try this site: http://mercedespartspeople.com/
Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by bigben320e
Try this site:
Am I missing something here, Ben? I didn't see the GLK listed in the pull-down model menu on the site you referenced. But it might be possible to use the Special Order tab in conjunction with the M-B part numbers obtainable on the "Genuine M-B Accessories" link I provided further up in the thread. Are the prices from this site more favorable (than from an M-B dealer)?