GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Do all GLK's have the rain sensor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Do all GLK's have the rain sensor?

I don't have the premium package. But looking from the outside of my rear view mirror (from front of car) it looks like there is a sensor in the base of the rear view mirror. It is a purplish color when light reflects from it.

So I am wondering if the rain sensing wipers is simply disabled in the computer. Perhaps it can be enabled?

Anyone know?
Old 10-22-2009, 01:27 PM

2010 GLK 350
Rain Sensors are part of the standard equipment on GLKs in Canada. Thus, they all come with functional rain sensor, no matter the packages that you have chosen. Again, this is only for Canada, not sure about standard equipment in other countries.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:36 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Originally Posted by Miric
Rain Sensors are part of the standard equipment on GLKs in Canada. Thus, they all come with functional rain sensor, no matter the packages that you have chosen. Again, this is only for Canada, not sure about standard equipment in other countries.
What is the deal with Canada getting this stuff as standard while Americans have to drop $3100. on a package to get it? If I am correct, I thought I saw that folding mirrors are standard in Canada as well. But here we don't get it? Also, the cargo cover? No cargo cover for USA either?

WTH!!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:46 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by cyberglk350
What is the deal with Canada getting this stuff as standard while Americans have to drop $3100. on a package to get it? If I am correct, I thought I saw that folding mirrors are standard in Canada as well. But here we don't get it? Also, the cargo cover? No cargo cover for USA either?

WTH!!
I agree with you... Kinda sucks if your in the States.

Well... if it makes you feel any better, the base price of the GLK is cheaper in the States (even after fx conversion) and from what I have read, you also have some room to bargain with the dealers down there. Here in Alberta, the GLKs are in high demand and our economy has not suffered tremendously so the MB dealerships are making a killing. I got my dealer to give me a little more than he wanted to for my trade in but he wouldn't budge on the MSRP. All taxes and freight in, mine was $60K CDN.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:57 PM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Originally Posted by JT01
All taxes and freight in, mine was $60K CDN.

Well... The price you guys pay up there just sat my a** back into the couch. Suddenly sarted feeling a lot better and then said to myself, "Sweet, I own a Mercedes!" for only $32KUSD

I'll stop complaining now. I can live without the Rain Sensing wipers and the lighting package!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:02 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Glad I was able to help!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:30 PM

2010 GLK 350
20" Wheels and Aluminum Roof Rails are also standard in Canada, along with heater seat, folding mirrors and auto-dimming mirrors.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by Miric
20" Wheels and Aluminum Roof Rails are also standard in Canada, along with heater seat, folding mirrors and auto-dimming mirrors.

Maybe they know Canadians can't afford it as much as we Americans can... they know we’re suckers and will simply put up the cash. I guess in a way, we Americans help subsidize the Canadian buyer....
Old 10-22-2009, 04:59 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by MBRedux
Maybe they know Canadians can't afford it as much as we Americans can... they know we’re suckers and will simply put up the cash. I guess in a way, we Americans help subsidize the Canadian buyer....

Yeah, I'm sure that's it!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:31 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by yualfred
Not really true. 20" wheel and alu roof rails is in a $800 package, similar to US. Heated seat, auto dimming mirror is in premium package.
MB increased the base model price and there is no such thing as the sport / appearence package in Canada anymore. The new GLKs come standard with 20s and aluminium rails. That said, some of the first ones are still being sold by dealers depending on when they were ordered.

I did the math and it works out to a $300 savings starting at at the old base price and adding the now standard features as opposed to the new base price with the features as standard.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 PM

GLK 350 4matic
Originally Posted by JT01
MB increased the base model price and there is no such thing as the sport / appearence package in Canada anymore. The new GLKs come standard with 20s and aluminium rails. That said, some of the first ones are still being sold by dealers depending on when they were ordered.

I did the math and it works out to a $300 savings starting at at the old base price and adding the now standard features as opposed to the new base price with the features as standard.
You are correct. You mean the new GLK price is raised by $300?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:48 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by yualfred
You are correct. You mean the new GLK price is raised by $300?
Yes. I just bought mine but it must have been ordered a few months ago. I have all of the options that are standard in the new base price GLK but I paid $300 less than I would when I price it out online now.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:53 PM

GLK 350
JT you mean to say the best discount you got was 300 less??? You on the west cost since most ppl in ontario are getting 2K off...
Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by cyberglk350
Well... The price you guys pay up there just sat my a** back into the couch. Suddenly sarted feeling a lot better and then said to myself, "Sweet, I own a Mercedes!" for only $32KUSD

I'll stop complaining now. I can live without the Rain Sensing wipers and the lighting package!
Sadly I agree.. Mine came close to 60K as well, comparing now the dollar is almost at par, its a little depressing...
Old 10-22-2009, 10:56 PM

2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350
Yea that's crazy man I've never heard of a dealer not budging on the MSRP.
GLKs here in Vancouver have crazy demand too, whole 3 month wait ordeal and I knocked off a good chunk off my MSRP.

Last edited by Kamen; 10-22-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:58 PM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by Baby G
JT you mean to say the best discount you got was 300 less??? You on the west cost since most ppl in ontario are getting 2K off...
Yup! Im in Edmonton. We have 2 MB dealers in the city. Before the one I bought came in there was only 1 on each lot and one of them was already sold. Could of got a deal on a G but not a GLK.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
Talking my 2 cents...

It is true that the Canadian models have slightly different configurations due to the fact of our weather conditions and political b.s. .

Here on the West Coast, we do get a fair share of the rain. And the Rain Sensors , Heated Mirrors are standard. Because our "roadways", alleyway, parking stalls are so damn small, we really need the "folding mirror" option. The Cargo Cover is a 'necessity' for our sense of taking precautions while storing 'small items' in the rear.

Guess which country came 1st with DRL? C - A - N - A - D - A !

...my 2 cents....

Old 10-24-2009, 04:20 AM

GLK, CLK, CLS
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Kamen
Yea that's crazy man I've never heard of a dealer not budging on the MSRP.
GLKs here in Vancouver have crazy demand too, whole 3 month wait ordeal and I knocked off a good chunk off my MSRP.
Hey Kamen,
Just curious, do you mind sharing how much you were able to get knocked off? I'm in VAN as well, and I wasn't able to negotiate much...but then again, I bought my GLK when it first came out and they didn't even have 1 on the lot.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:34 PM

2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350
I managed to get 1.5k taken off because we bought 2 cars from them at the same time. We managed to get more taken off the SLK though to be honest, so I'm not sure if the 1500 is a huge amount in comparison to our friends in the States or even back east in Ontario.

I know what you mean it is a little hard to negotiate when they are totally backordered but I would never consider paying full MSRP for a vehicle.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:33 PM

2010 GLK350 4matic and my favorite Vintage 1982 PK Ripper Looptail
I got $1500 off MSRP because I personally know the sales manager (I don't know if he will do for others, but I'll ask him if anyone is seriously interested in Vancouver area. BUT, DO NOT talk to anyone salesman at the Broadway location, if you already did, I can't help you.) I also got a better trade in value from him, too. PM me if interested.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
Talking WoW!

Originally Posted by GLKster
I got $1500 off MSRP because I personally know the sales manager (I don't know if he will do for others, but I'll ask him if anyone is seriously interested in Vancouver area. BUT, DO NOT talk to anyone salesman at the Broadway location, if you already did, I can't help you.) I also got a better trade in value from him, too. PM me if interested.
GLKster, great you know someone higher than 'salesman'.
Since this is off topic about RAIN Sensor, ...
I will share my 2 cents...

I was at this dealer a few months back and no follow-up. I was talking to the "president award" fellow and no update. Under him, he has a few other 'salesman' working for him, and no go. Would you believe, that I was referred by someone to have Sales Manager look after me and no go?

I had gone to 2 other dealers for a deal, and no one wanted to do better than 2% off! a almost fully loaded GLK.

Finally, I did my own research and was able to get 2K off. However, this was only done after going back and forth with a 'broker'.
This is a one-time deal.
No, I do not have any trade-ins. (this is where you think you're getting a deal..)
And no, other cars was ordered other than the GLK. This is my 1st MB.

I am sure most folks are receiving about 1 - 1.25K off the MSRP?

BTW...there is a very poor service video out that illustrates the ' rip-off ' received by a hidden camera. Basically, the dealer wanted 6K for a repair that only really cost about 200 bucks down the street. No kidding! He was caught on camera!

Why does it feel intimidating when walking into a MB dealer? Do they not want our business?

My 2 cents...

Old 10-25-2009, 11:19 PM

2010 GLK350 4matic and my favorite Vintage 1982 PK Ripper Looptail
Originally Posted by mr.mbenz
GLKster, great you know someone higher than 'salesman'.
No, I do not have any trade-ins. (this is where you think you're getting a deal..)

Here is the bottom line. I got $1500 off MSRP. I talked to 3 x BMWs (BJ, Van, N.Van) the best trade value I got, MB gave me extra $2000 on top. So, my total savings were $3,500. I only bought 1 x GLK and nothing else.