Engine and gearbox problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C Class CDI 2007 R Class
Engine and gearbox problems

Hi,
I'm a new member and a new GLK 320 CDI (european version)owner. I have some engine and gearbox problems that i couldn't solve. It's like that...when i start the engine the turometer stays around 600RPM, after i put it into D and start the car i feel like the car is vibrating and when i stop the turometer stays at 900RPM and the engine has a ugly sound, also when moving the gearbos doesen't shift properly and it overrevs the engine. It all comes back to normal all of the sudden with no reason. Also when driving on the highway i feel when it starts to behave like this cause it jumps one gear down, but after a while it's all back to normal. I don't know what to belive, i also have an R 320 CDI with the same engine and gearbox and i never had a problem with it. I got the GLK 2 weeks ago and drove it for 1500 miles. When i went at the local dealer shop it says that it's a soft issue and updated my engine and gerbox software and said it's gona work ok but it just didn't. Do any of you have any ideea what it's the problem or any of yougone thru' this?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Hey welcome to the forums...maybe you want to ask in ML/GL section as we don't get GLK 320 CDI. Either way sounds like you need to see another dealer.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:12 AM

GLK 350
Welcome to the forums, as NYC said try the ML or GL section for more help on CDI. Best of luck and keep us posted on the fix.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Engine/Trans. management systems are very complex... and by the way, you're not the first to have complained about this glitch...it could be a wide host of things... from defective temperature sensors (which communicate with all the engine/trans managing computers) to faulty solenoids... which can also wreak havoc on the Mechatronic/CPU etc... These things are better left to competent MB service teams that can communicate directly with MB Tech-Line in real time as they service the car.

We all know that finding such a crew takes time just like looking for a competent medical doctor when sick.

Good luck.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLK Matte Silver|MB Arts strut tower brace|MB Arts rear brace|Shaved door and bumper trim|K&N's|
I am having the same problem with my transmission. If I am at a light and make a tight turn the tranny drops down a gear or two and will stay there while the motor revs beyond normal operating range. After 5 or so seconds the correct gear will engage and all is normal once again. If I am highway driving at a steady pace for awhile and accelerate to pass, the tranny will pause, downshift, then slam into gear jolting the vehicle and it's passengers. I took it to the stealership and they could'nt reproduce the problem and nothing came up on their computers so they told me it does'nt exist. So I am in the process of filing a complaint to MBUSA for all the help the stealership is'nt giving me. They won't fix my tranny, windows, electrical glitches, radio problems, broken odometer, etc...
Old 11-09-2009, 05:33 AM

M-B GLE, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche Boxster (spouse)
Originally Posted by GLK4MATIC
They won't fix my tranny, windows, electrical glitches, radio problems, broken odometer, etc...
Wow, you're having some really bad luck with your GLK!

You should sign up for a TrueDelta account and detail your problems in their reliability study.