6k mile Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
6k mile Update

So I'm close to 6k mile mark (8 months) and hasn't posted on MbWorld for a WHILE. I figured I'd give an update.

I'm still really happy with the car, no problems at all. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet for anything. Even the tailgate magically has been working fine. For past couple of months.

I rotated tires myself at 5k, wanted to wash the rims and look at the break set up to see how easy it'd be to change breaks later on. Speaking of breaks, pads looked barely worn, so I think they'll last long time. No squicking from breaks either.

Build quality
I drove on a highway in low 20's and while car was there were occasional squicks of the plastic panels. That went away after 10 min or so. Other than this nothing else, everything is like new. Chrome on cup holders is not peeling off, and door hadnles don't make any noises.

AWD
Haven't had a chance to see handling in snow as roads get cleaned very quickly. But pulling onto streets on wet cold roads is MUCH better compared to FWD cars that used spin tires. Looking forward to trying doing donuts in snow-covered parking lots, if it's possible.

Fuel Economy
20 mph on highway, I think one could get 24mpg going 55-60 mph on cruise control. In the local driving tho I get around 14mpg and 16 if take it really easy.

Bottom line
It's been very well balanced car, with enough road clrearance and comfort for crappy NJ roads, enough sportiness for spirited driving, enough practicality for occasional road trips. It's not too big for parking garages and still feels like a decent size SUV from inside. I'm biased but it's been a GREAT CAR. I hope everybody is enjoying their GLKs for the most part.