GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Picture Included ... What tools are these?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz GLK-350
Picture Included ... What tools are these?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/20804184...rcedes-glk#155

When I received the GLK, the compartment in the right hand side (please click on the above URL and see the picture) was empty and my dealer informed me that its really just an additional convenient storage space for the tools stored in my LHS tool box. Is this true? If not, what are these tools?

Sorry I tried adding a picture but it didn't come up. Would sincerely appreciate your reply.

Last edited by G*L*K; 12-27-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
In the photo you are referring to that was from a pre US production vehicle. The trunk has a compartment below the lid with a collapsed box (which can be taken out and opened for storage of stuff) but there are no tools in the spot shown in your post. The tools are to the left in compartment to the left of the lift out tray. Hope that is what you were looking for.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually, those aren't tools at all. It is the euro spec hitch receiver.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by G*L*K
When I received the GLK, the compartment in the right hand side (please click on the above URL and see the picture) was empty and my dealer informed me that its really just an additional convenient storage space for the tools stored in my LHS tool box. Is this true? If not, what are these tools?Sorry I tried adding a picture but it didn't come up. Would sincerely appreciate your reply.

Most US spec cars don't have half the tools that come on the German versions.... For instance they have a better air pump than we do... a special flat-fix formula that doesn't ruin the TPS, a better jack and wheel jocks... all kinds of goodies we don't get....
Old 12-28-2009, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz GLK-350
Originally Posted by pb12
Actually, those aren't tools at all. It is the euro spec hitch receiver.
Hey... I think thats what it is.. a Hitch receiver.... Mine was pre-installed when the car was handed to me.

Its sad that the sales at the dealer couldnt explain to me what that compartment was really for.

Thank-you for the clarification and thankyou all for the input.