GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Malfunction Engine Indicator Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK
Malfunction Engine Indicator Light

Today's a second time my GLK had the malfunction engine indicator light on when I started my car. The car went shaking and the rpm was very unstable. I had to turn off the engine. After restart, everything is fine. I don't know if this problem is related to the weather. Vancouver here in recent time, the temperature is just about 0 degree celcius at night. I had not been driven my car for a couple of days when I encountered this problem for these 2 incidents. I hope this problem is related to not running the car for a few days in cold weather. There is still 180 days away for the first service. If I still get problem in the spring and summer time, I will report this problem to the dealer to see if they can find out what's wrong.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:23 AM

GLK 350
If I were you, I would've driven it straight to the dealer.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:37 PM

2010 GLK350 4Matic / 2007 Infiniti G35S / 2005 Acura TL - All of them Loaded
Don't wait till Spring. This should not be happening.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:36 PM

2010 GLK 350
Had the same problem. Brought the vehicle to the dearlership and they had to replace a sensor.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
billyt, there are quite a few of us from Vancouver, and would suggest to take it now than later. Who knows what else it could damage in waiting for service. IMO.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:39 PM

GLK
Originally Posted by Miric
Had the same problem. Brought the vehicle to the dearlership and they had to replace a sensor.
I've booked an appointment on this Wednesday, and I hope it's a same small problem as yours. I actually smelt something bad at the second time coming from the underneath of the car.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:55 PM

GLS550
This is not a problem unique to Mercedes. My old 350Z would do the same thing when it was first started after sitting for a few days in cooler temperatures (ex. after being parked at the airport for a 3 or 4 days while I was gone).

I brought the car in a couple times to get it checked out but they never figured out what caused the rough start. Hopefully you have better luck getting an answer.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 AM

GLK
Originally Posted by HBirdman80
This is not a problem unique to Mercedes. My old 350Z would do the same thing when it was first started after sitting for a few days in cooler temperatures (ex. after being parked at the airport for a 3 or 4 days while I was gone).

I brought the car in a couple times to get it checked out but they never figured out what caused the rough start. Hopefully you have better luck getting an answer.

My previous car was a 2002 C240. I left it in the garage for 2 weeks several times when I went to vacation in the winter time, and it didn't have such a problem.

The following is what they did and said in the invoice:
Check engine performance - engine running smooth at presen time. Check fault counter using actual value on DAS - ok, All in Specs. Check for ME software update - found new software available, at present time updating software is not available as per tas bulletin Dec 17, 09 Customer will come back for software update.

The advisor told me this might be caused by a software glitch in the computer module, and this problem would not cause any major problem. I hope the software update would be ready to install by the time I bring my car in for the first service.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
Mine did that for the 1st time this am. I keep mine in my covered garage which is not heated so it was around -1. It seem to start fine and sounded normal but when I put it in reverse it started to shudder as I moved backwards. I took a look at the dash and say the little engine icon. I threw it in neutural and shut it off and back on again. Has not happened again. I am going to assume its some sort of sensor error. I ran it for about 20secs. If it happens again I will take it in.