GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Soccer mom face off -GLK VS RX 350 Lexus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Soccer mom face off -GLK VS RX 350 Lexus

Up in the air between the GLK and the RX350 . I personally am cramped in the lexus so i bet the GLK must be the same if not worse .

Wifey wants another RX but im trying to go another route and she does not want a bigger vehicle .

How is the leg room and overall comfort ??? Also with 2 baby seats in the back ?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
If you are cramped in RX I'm pretty sure it's worse in GLK. I'm 6ft and find GLK about right size. I also found back seats to have decent amount of space. I think GLK is smaller than RX, handles better, but might not have that supple isolated feel like Lexus (that's based on what I read from ppl who cross shopped the two). Ugliness of new RX made me not even consider it (but that's just my taste). Also GLK's fuel economy could be better and the tank is way to small (300 miles on one fill up is hard an achievement unless it's all highway). Other than that car is awesome, still glad I bought it. Go test drive one. Have you looked at Q5, Tig, and X1 is coming out soon.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Barolo Red-Almond/Black GLK 350, 2008 Cadillac Gold Mist LUX III DTS
Baby seats would be tough. I think they would fit, but getting to them and lifting child in and out across that wide side sill, and through those constrained rear doors, would be very difficult, IMO.
RX350, SRX, Q5 all better for this job.

Otherwise, I obviously would prefer the GLK.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
If you are cramped in RX I'm pretty sure it's worse in GLK. I'm 6ft and find GLK about right size. I also found back seats to have decent amount of space. I think GLK is smaller than RX, handles better, but might not have that supple isolated feel like Lexus (that's based on what I read from ppl who cross shopped the two). Ugliness of new RX made me not even consider it (but that's just my taste). Also GLK's fuel economy could be better and the tank is way to small (300 miles on one fill up is hard an achievement unless it's all highway). Other than that car is awesome, still glad I bought it. Go test drive one. Have you looked at Q5, Tig, and X1 is coming out soon.
Im gonna check out the Audi for sure , RX lease has gone up and i really do not think it is worth 650 a month . I heard the Q5 was leasing in the same area and i think its alot roomier .

thanks
Old 01-11-2010, 11:05 PM

GLK 4Matic
malakasnyc, we've had an RX330 and an RX350 and we loved them both. They weren't good at all for sport driving but they did have alright get-up-and-go though. Commercials for a competitor make them out to be just one of many but there is a reason for that. They are good. Some look down on them because they are based on a Camry chasis. If my wife had her druthers, she would have kept the RX. She loves her GLK but not nearly as much as the Lexus. 2010 RX is nice but it looks funny and has a huge van sized windshield. Q5, we just can't stand the looks even though it may be a good car.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:47 PM

GLS550
The GLK drives a lot better than the RX. But part of that is because it is smaller than the RX so you might have some issues. One of my coworker's wife has an RX and when his G37S got a flat he was going to ditch the G37 and get an RX. I talked him into trying out a GLK, but he didn't like the GLK as much as the RX. Really, it is different strokes for different folks.

The Q5 is nice, but check out the infotainment system (if you are getting that) in comparison to the GLK and RX. The Q5's system is overly complex and really a pain to use IMHO.