GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK v Q5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 03:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2021 G63 AMG (Platinum Magno) / 2021 GLC 63 AMG
I was in the process of deciding between the GLK, Q5 3.2 and MDX (elite package).

The Q5 3.2 fully loaded MSRP is $65k
Fully loaded Acura MDC elite MSRP $62k
ALMOST fully loaded GLK MSRP $51k (with a metallic paint color) when I say ALMOST, I am missing backup cam and keyless go, which I really don't care for.

I test drove the MDX and GLK, I did not test drive the Q5, because I had test driven the Q7, and also the day I went to the audi dealership, they weren't very intersted in giving me attention, it could be due to the fact that I look like I am 18yrs old, however I did drive there in a 08 Cayenne turbo.

I found the MDX drove like the Q7, a bit like a "bus". It felt too big and didnt handle well like what I was used to with my cayenne.

End of the day, my decision was the GLK. It was significantly cheaper than the Q5 and MDX, and it also is faster than it. One of my friends made a very good point by saying if I got the Q5, it might remind me of a "cheaper cayenne" and if / when I got rid of my cayenne, I might miss it too much or be reminded of downgrading. With the GLK I am happy. Just picked it up today. One issue I do have is my golf clubs don't with horizontally in the trunk space. You kinda have to put it on a 45 degree upwards angle against the rear window. Other than that my friends sat in the back and said its a bit smaller than my cayenne, but its not uncomfortable.

I wanted a smaller SUV I could just drive everyday, the cayenne turbo is just too expensive on gas and maintenance as an everyday car. I got on alot of mini road trips and I feel guilty putting all the abuse on that vehicle.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by ns83
I test drove the MDX and GLK, I did not test drive the Q5, because I had test driven the Q7,...
That was a mistake IMO. Why didn't you test drive the Q5? They do feel & drive completely different.

I found the MDX drove like the Q7, a bit like a "bus".
As it should, because the Q7 is not a Q5.

It felt too big and didnt handle well like what I was used to with my cayenne.
Because the Q7 isn't a Q5!.... Why didn't you test the car you were looking to buy instead of its overweight BIG Brother?

End of the day, my decision was the GLK. It was significantly cheaper...
Sounds like this was the deciding factor. Nothing wrong with that, it's a fine mini-Benz.

One issue I do have is my golf clubs don't with horizontally in the trunk space. You kinda have to put it on a 45 degree upwards angle against the rear window. Other than that my friends sat in the back and said its a bit smaller than my cayenne, but its not uncomfortable.
My clubs fit just fine in our Q5.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Originally Posted by rmfnla
I had an Audi 5000 back in the day and I swore I would never buy another Audi even if Jesus Himself gave me a written guarantee.

I really like my GLK.

I forgot to mention that I've owned numerous British cars and the Audi was still the worst car I've ever had by far!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
I forgot to mention that I've owned numerous British cars and the Audi was still the worst car I've ever had by far!
An Audi 5000! Wow, that's such a long, long time ago, almost 30 years ago! Since then much has changed.

Audi today is a wonderful product. In the last 10 years, they have consistently earned high marks for quality and dependability worldwide. Plus the overall quality of automobile manufacturing has improved so much recently, with the bar raised so significantly, you would be hard pressed to find a real junky car made by anyone. (And by the way, unlike Toyota, Audi was completely vindicated.)

Plus the marriage between all the marks in the VAG company stable with Porsche, Audi, SEAT, Skoda, VWAG, Bugatti, Bentley, and Lamborghini among them, they have indeed pushed the brand not only to the outer limits of technology and quality performance, but almost to near perfection in some aspects.

But unless you keep track of these things, and drive these cars as we do, I can see why old prejudices can keep those away from experiencing some of the finest cars made in the world.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Here's A Small Sample Of Cars Made By VW/Audi

The 2011 Bentley Mulsanne

The 2011 Audi A7

Audi RS8

The Lambo Gallardo (same car under the skin)

The Bugatti Veyron

The 2010 Porsche Turbo

The New VW Coupe

The 2012 VW Up-Lite TDI/Electric Concept (70mpg)

Yes, much has changed with VWAG/Audi and their family of brands, all sharing the best technology from one another. So I wouldn't count them out. As a matter of fact, they're running neck to neck with Toyota as the number one auto brand in the world.

PS: We love our GLK too!

Last edited by MBRedux; 11-17-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Idk MBRedux, I'm sure it's much better now, but audi's crappy realibility is what kept me away from Q5 and A4. I heard/read too many stories about newer audis as well. The same kept me away from buying a bimmer. The only thing that's usually wrong with MBs is electrical aside from couple bad apples which will be among any car brands.

I didn't expect MB to be perfect but at least if it started to cause troubles they come pick it up and drop off loaner so I would have to waste time go to dealer.

The fact that all those brands are made under the same umbrella doesn't mean much. Mazda always made good cars even under Ford.

The fact that Audi has association with Bentley Lambo and Porsche at a corporate level has nothing to do with reliability and quality of their lower end products. Many of these super cars are very unreliable and very expensive to maintain due to use of complex technologies.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NYCGLK
Idk MBRedux, I'm sure it's much better now, but audi's crappy realibility is what kept me away from Q5 and A4. I heard/read too many stories about newer audis as well. The same kept me away from buying a bimmer. (This is so wrong, but old feelings are hard to over come I know.) The only thing that's usually wrong with MBs is electrical aside from couple bad apples which will be among any car brands.

I didn't expect MB to be perfect but at least if it started to cause troubles they come pick it up and drop off loaner so I would have to waste time go to dealer. (MB has consistantly earned a full BLACK DOT in every Consumer Report's reliability summary in the last several years. But their cars are fine aren't they?... with a few bad apples thrown in as you clearly stated. The same is NOW true for VWAG, Toyota, and BMW etc.)

The fact that all those brands are made under the same umbrella doesn't mean much. Mazda always made good cars even under Ford. (This is not an accurate analogy.)

The fact that Audi has association with Bentley Lambo and Porsche at a corporate level has nothing to do with reliability and quality of their lower end products. (Completely wrong and untrue.) Many of these super cars are very unreliable and very expensive to maintain due to use of complex technologies. (This is true, but to go where no one has gone before with new technology, to start at the top and have it trickle down to the full line-up of vehicles does take a bit of a risk, and money. Just ask the mechanics, engineers and crew of the US Space Shuttle program what pushing the envelope really means? It means that if you are really serious about engineering advancements, things will break down, and the customer (or pilot) must accept that. But once all the bumps have been worked out, and the cost of the technology drops, it most certainly DOES trickle down to the "lower end products".)

By the way, they all do share their technology to a much higher standard than you may realize. That's a VW engine etc., under the Bentley and Bugatti. And the Lambo engine etc. is in the Audi, etc., etc.

Since we own MB, Audi, VW and Nissan cars, here is a comparison of how they each rate with their new car reliability thus far: (Number of problems to date that had us going back to the dealership for repairs)

A) 2010 Mercedes Benz GLK 4M-14,000 miles ---------- "6"x times with 3 requiring a loaner.

B) 2009 Nissan GT-R/26,000 miles ------- "9"x times and I LOVE IT. Very complex, just the way I like them!

C) 2010 VW GTI 6sp. M/T 6,000 miles ------ "0"x

....and the Audi?
D) 2010 Audi Q5 8,000 miles --------- "0"x and my son beats it!

Makes you think a little, doesn't it?

Last edited by MBRedux; 11-17-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
My decision on Audi/VW/Bimmer was based on spending time on respective forums not on any old feelings. I don't have old feelings, I'm 25.

Yes, Mazda/Ford is not a perfect anology, but ford was unable ot capitalize on Mazda's technologies and experience.

What does porsche and lambo have to do with realibility or quality of A4,A3,A5,Q5 etc? Maybe a little with qulity and I hope none with realibiity. Look at realibility of Cayennes and Panameras. No wonder you can pick used cayenne turbo for price of new GLK. I know person who's had cayenne, panamera and CL. He says CL is best hands down in terms realibility and every day use. Do you think Lambos and Bentleys are reliable if you drive them every day 10-15k per year. Thruth is, most of those cars are garage queens. Your GTR proves my point, it's not garage queen and look at its realibility. I'm sure it's still a great car, but it's different topic.

Yes, Audi has detuned version of Lambo endgine for in R8 and RS6, not in A4/Q5 cars. Many cars are made at different factories in different countries with different standards, using parts from different suppliers, it's impossible to have a universal high standard. Even toyota ran into troubles.

I was very excited when Porsche was buying VW, hoping that we'll get nicer GTIs and TTs. New GTI is not that much different from the old one...where is Golf R2.0?

Stats on your cars are intersting but I'd wait for a few more years before drawing any conclusions. I'm not saying current audi will be unreliable, nobody knows that for a fact. Audis may very well be good reliable cars nowdays.

My stat, I had one warranty repair/recall for tailgate that was done during service. That's it. I'm at 16k miles and 1.5 years.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Had a couple of Audis before, a A4 wagon, A6 allroad. Not that impressed, their transmission was slow and clunky, the car may look nice when new, but didn't wear very well. I'm talking about markings on plastic rubbing off, drain holes blocked resulting in water leaking into the car, etc.

The cars didn't feel as solid and well designed after a couple of years and I got rid of them.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NYCGLK
What does porsche and lambo have to do with realibility or quality of A4,A3,A5,Q5 etc? (Plenty. Porsche is now rated number ONE in JDP's Dependability Ratings. There are thousands of shared parts and ECU programming, and most importantly, designers and engineers between the brands.)

Thruth is, most of those cars are garage queens. (Not where we live.) Your GTR proves my point, it's not garage queen and look at its realibility. I'm sure it's still a great car, but it's different topic. (Not really.)

I was very excited when Porsche was buying VW, hoping that we'll get nicer GTIs and TTs. (By "nicer", you mean the looks? There are many I know who feel its what's under the skin that counts.) The New GTI is not that much different from the old one...where is Golf R2.0? (The fact is VWAG bought Porsche not the other way around. But they both were *family* owned companies anyhow. The new MKVI GTI may be similar to last years but it DRIVES way better! I drove the new R. Very nice indeed. And it will be coming to the States, hopfully not with the DSG.)

Stats on your cars are intersting but I'd wait for a few more years before drawing any conclusions. I'm not saying current audi will be unreliable, nobody knows that for a fact. (We do, and they are reliable, we race them too without any serious failures!) Audis may very well be good reliable cars nowdays. (Yes they are indeed!)

My stat, I had one warranty repair/recall for tailgate that was done during service. That's it. I'm at 16k miles and 1.5 years. ("I'd wait for a few more years before drawing any conclusions" if I were you.)
If "reliability* is the ONLY criteria for buying a car for you, then I guess that's what makes you happy. But how a car feels and drives, how it translates and responds to my input back down to the pavement is why I buy cars. Small mechanical issues, they are to be expected and accepted for such pleasures. Others see these trade-offs as a nuisance worthy of bashing the brand. (Maybe you should be driving a Honda.)

Like I tried to explain before, I'm more than twice your age, have driven, and raced all over the world in hundreds of different types of cars and I can safely say that every brand has come a very long way with regards to reliability. In my experience, I can now say with conviction that the internal combustion car, as we now know it, has reached its pinnacle crest, it will not get much better than this, so don't expect that it will. We are at the dawn of a new age, the age of pure Electric cars, along with fully automated Self Guided Driving vehicles to transport its passengers as they fatten themselves up on Facebook, food and entertainment. This new age will bring an end to the *driving* experience IMO.

So enjoy it while you can!

The MkVI GTI platform is very advanced for a car in that price range. Great fun driver when pushed.

Last edited by MBRedux; 11-17-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mazda 5, GLK350
porsche buying vw then being bought by vw instead, economic downturn at its finest then.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
MBRedux, unfortunately I live in area where you are better off not having road feel. Crappy roads, somewhat harsh winters and lots of traffic. I was considering MDX, it was too big and not I'm not fan of its style. Have I lived in place with nicer roads, GLK would have not been my choice.

On GTI, what I meant is that GTI VI is not much different from GTI V. GTI V was a nice car to begin with (I considered buying that one too), I just expected GTI V to be more significantly improved in engine department and be lighter than previous one. I also expect audi to be more luxuary than VWs, to me A4 didn't feel any more expensive than VW.

And yes, cars today are MUCH more realiable than they used to be 10-20 years ago, accross the board. I think because of that I have much higher expectations for realibility. I only had two used Toyotas before and they had no problems and to me that's important as I don't have time to drive to dealerships. I'd rather surf forums hehe.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kyoshiro
porsche buying vw then being bought by vw instead, economic downturn at its finest then.
They’re all blood related. So it was actually more like one HUGE family quarrel. The merger was set up to help with the new corporate tax laws in Germany, but Porsche was hundreds of millions of dollars in the red... so Big Daddy came to the rescue.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:36 PM

Mazda 5, GLK350
Originally Posted by MBRedux
They’re all blood related. So it was actually more like one HUGE family quarrel. The merger was set up to help with the new corporate tax laws in Germany, but Porsche was hundreds of millions of dollars in the red... so Big Daddy came to the rescue.
hehe i do remember the first porsche used a Beetle platform and engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNXkq31Nnt0

porsche ultimate factory!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2021 G63 AMG (Platinum Magno) / 2021 GLC 63 AMG
I test drove the MDX and GLK, I did not test drive the Q5, because I had test driven the Q7,...
That was a mistake IMO. Why didn't you test drive the Q5? They do feel & drive completely different.

I found the MDX drove like the Q7, a bit like a "bus".
As it should, because the Q7 is not a Q5.

It felt too big and didnt handle well like what I was used to with my cayenne.
Because the Q7 isn't a Q5!.... Why didn't you test the car you were looking to buy instead of its overweight BIG Brother?

***When I went to the dealership, there was only ONE Q5, and it was the 2.0, not the 3.2 which I was interested in. I test drove the Q7 about 3 years ago, before I went with the Cayenne. I was also considering the new touareg in my choices, but like I said, going with a Q5 or touareg, would probably feel too much like "downgrading" from my Cayenne turbo, where as the GLK is a completely different feel, company, and chasis. And exterior is not even remotely similar to the cayenne.***

End of the day, my decision was the GLK. It was significantly cheaper...
Sounds like this was the deciding factor. Nothing wrong with that, it's a fine mini-Benz.

Yes the price was a huge deciding factor. I wasn't looking for anything luxurious, but something I would still feel like I wasn't driving my mom's cross over (ie. toyota venza). I still have the cayenne as my weekend or luxury car. I needed something for everyday usage and 15k more for a Q5 that is slower than a GLK wasn't the most enticing deal. Yes i could have gone for the 2.0, but that really wasnt interesting me.

One issue I do have is my golf clubs don't with horizontally in the trunk space. You kinda have to put it on a 45 degree upwards angle against the rear window. Other than that my friends sat in the back and said its a bit smaller than my cayenne, but its not uncomfortable.

My clubs fit just fine in our Q5.

My clubs actually do fit. I didn't realize on the rear passenger side there was a slight indent. I originally tried placing my clubs in when it was dark outside. But yesterday I tried again and manage to barely squeeze them in. If i'm not lazy I can take out my driver and it will fit perfectly fine.

But I do notice my snowboard will not fit in the rear trunk without folding one of the seats down, versus the Cayenne which I could fit 2 snowboards in without folding anything

Overall I am extremely happy with my decision and love my GLK.If the Q5 3.2 was the same price, it would really have been a very tough choice. With the 15k I saved, I could use it towards a possible trade in my CLK500 cab, for the new e550 cab next summer (hopefully)
Old 11-17-2010, 09:13 PM

Mazda 5, GLK350
Q5 3.2 is indeed not competively priced compared to our glk with a 3.5 and more standard features.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
An Audi 5000! Wow, that's such a long, long time ago, almost 30 years ago! Since then much has changed.

Audi today is a wonderful product. In the last 10 years, they have consistently earned high marks for quality and dependability worldwide. Plus the overall quality of automobile manufacturing has improved so much recently, with the bar raised so significantly, you would be hard pressed to find a real junky car made by anyone. (And by the way, unlike Toyota, Audi was completely vindicated.)

Plus the marriage between all the marks in the VAG company stable with Porsche, Audi, SEAT, Skoda, VWAG, Bugatti, Bentley, and Lamborghini among them, they have indeed pushed the brand not only to the outer limits of technology and quality performance, but almost to near perfection in some aspects.

But unless you keep track of these things, and drive these cars as we do, I can see why old prejudices can keep those away from experiencing some of the finest cars made in the world.

Yes, much has changed with VWAG/Audi and their family of brands, all sharing the best technology from one another. So I wouldn't count them out. As a matter of fact, they're running neck to neck with Toyota as the number one auto brand in the world.

PS: We love our GLK too!
Vindication has nothing to do with it; I think unintended acceleration would have been a welcome break! As it was, everything that works well on other cars gave problems. The funniest thing is all 5000s had isues but not all of the had all the same issues. This meant when you met another 5000 victim, I mean owner, you could compare notes.

"Does yours do..?"

"It only does..., not...; but it also does...; does yours?"

I do know Audi has progressed; I'm a car guy from way back and I still keep my ear to the ground.

However, an Audi 5000 is like the Holocaust; yes, it was years ago, but it was so terrible that even if I can forgive I can never forget!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The "Audi 5000 is like the Holocaust".

Oooookaaaaaaaaay................................ end of discussion.

Last edited by MBRedux; 11-20-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Never heard of Godwin's law?
Old 11-19-2010, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
hahahaha
Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks, dude; it's good to see someone still has a sense of humor around here!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

However, an Audi 5000 is like the Holocaust; yes, it was years ago, but it was so terrible that even if I can forgive I can never forget!
Never heard of Godwin's law?
I had an Audi 5000 back in the day and I swore I would never buy another Audi even if Jesus Himself gave me a written guarantee.
Well this is all very sad. But since you mentioned it first, Godwin’s Law applies mostly to those that are already consciously or subconsciously obsessed with the Holocaust, Hitler and/or the ****’s and will somehow work that obsession into their online arguments/discussions, as you have demonstrated.

But the fact that Audi, VAG, Mercedes Benz, BMW, et al; were once affiliated with the rise of the **** Party and their subsequent treatment of the Jews, should have no bearing on a discussion as to whether or not these modern day auto makers now make dependable cars.... agreed? ... then good.

But just because you (and some others) may have had a bad experience with an Audi 5000 some 30+ years ago is no reason to equate that experience with the horrors and memories of the Holocaust. Agreed you should never forget, but did that stop the USA and the west from establishing economic relations, or rebuilding a devastated country? No, in fact the USA was instrumental in establishing a new free Germany without any hard feelings about the past. (The same went for Japan, even though the USA killed thousands of innocent Japanese with nuclear weapons, Japan too learned to move forward.)

I think you’ll agree that it cheapens the discussion, dishonors those who died and suffered and lessens the credibility of the poster. It also speaks volumes about your abilities, tastes and closed mindedness toward companies that have strived to improve their products, and your unwillingness to give them another shot because of something that happened some 30+ years ago.

This kind of unforgiving mindset is the root cause of many of the world's problems. Only if we could learn to open our hearts and forgive, to allow those who have made mistakes to repent, to give them another chance, only then will the world be a better place, just as Audi has demonstrated by building some of the best cars the world has ever seen in the last 20 years or more.

Those who are progressive and open minded with their approach to the car buying and driving experience have discovered this fact to their joy and excitement! Those who wish to live in the past, will sadly stay in the past... so, have fun if you can back there.

Last edited by MBRedux; 11-23-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
What Redux said. Back to the topic. I had a FX35 for several years always liked the way it handled for its size and weight (over 5300 Lbs). Significantly heavier the a Q5 or GLK.

Wanted so desparately to test drive a Q5 but when I saw the GLK in Jan of '09 and not wanting to wait till May or June for the Q5 I pulled the trigger and had my GLK in the 2nd week it was available. My son had an S4 and never had any problems. For my next car I might look at the Q5 or maybe go back to a FX.

Yes my clubs fit on a diagonal not the way they fit in my FX but I wanted a smaller car.

The FX does not get the same mileage as the GLK. For me 17-18 in the FX and 21-22 in the GLK. You are right nothing looks like the FX or much like the GLK but I guess you have to like the angles.

Don't think the Lambo's share much with the Veyron especially under the hood. It's a car you can only dream about. What a car though
Old 12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well this is all very sad. But since you mentioned it first, Godwin’s Law applies mostly to those that are already consciously or subconsciously obsessed with the Holocaust, Hitler and/or the ****’s and will somehow work that obsession into their online arguments/discussions, as you have demonstrated.

But the fact that Audi, VAG, Mercedes Benz, BMW, et al; were once affiliated with the rise of the **** Party and their subsequent treatment of the Jews, should have no bearing on a discussion as to whether or not these modern day auto makers now make dependable cars.... agreed? ... then good.

But just because you (and some others) may have had a bad experience with an Audi 5000 some 30+ years ago is no reason to equate that experience with the horrors and memories of the Holocaust. Agreed you should never forget, but did that stop the USA and the west from establishing economic relations, or rebuilding a devastated country? No, in fact the USA was instrumental in establishing a new free Germany without any hard feelings about the past. (The same went for Japan, even though the USA killed thousands of innocent Japanese with nuclear weapons, Japan too learned to move forward.)

I think you’ll agree that it cheapens the discussion, dishonors those who died and suffered and lessens the credibility of the poster. It also speaks volumes about your abilities, tastes and closed mindedness toward companies that have strived to improve their products, and your unwillingness to give them another shot because of something that happened some 30+ years ago.

This kind of unforgiving mindset is the root cause of many of the world's problems. Only if we could learn to open our hearts and forgive, to allow those who have made mistakes to repent, to give them another chance, only then will the world be a better place, just as Audi has demonstrated by building some of the best cars the world has ever seen in the last 20 years or more.

Those who are progressive and open minded with their approach to the car buying and driving experience have discovered this fact to their joy and excitement! Those who wish to live in the past, will sadly stay in the past... so, have fun if you can back there.

OK, let's slow down a bit.

My post was intended to make fun of the ludicrous experiences I had with an Audi, not to smear German cars because of WWII. Please note that I own a German car, as well as a Japanese one!

You will also note I included British cars; they were our allies back then right? Or maybe we should push our PC-ness back a few hundred years to include the American Revolution; can't start too early, you know!

The point here is to share information and have fun. If, for you, that means getting on a soapbox (and making sweeping judgments based on a few forum posts) then knock yourself out.

Last edited by rmfnla; 12-06-2010 at 03:14 PM.