GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

I have a question about seat memory

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes GLK 350
I have a question about seat memory

I can't find the answer to this in the owners manual.
My last BMW had memory seat,mirrors,etc.
When I would use my key, the car would automatically adjust the seat and mirrors when I used my key to unlock the door.

This Mercedes doesn't seem to be that way.
When we use our respective keys, we still have to press the corresponding button inside the door to get the seat and mirrors and steering wheel to move to out memory position.

Am I missing something in the owners manual?

Len in NC
Old 03-10-2010, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Barolo Red-Almond/Black GLK 350, 2008 Cadillac Gold Mist LUX III DTS
I would imagine that is the way it is.
My Cadillac works that way.
The dealership says that you don't want the seat to move up close to the steering wheel until you get in. Certainly some logic to that statement. But why then do you have to push a button to identify WHICH settings to use....?

My Nissan Murano worked slightly different than either the Bimmer or the MB. It kept the seat back too, allowing for easy entrance, and then moved once the ignition key was turned on. It moved to the appropriate settings depending on which Key was used...mine or my wife's. I kinda liked that best. No extra movement like the MB and the Caddy require.

So there are different design viewpoints.
But I still consider it odd that the oldest model, my 2003 Murano, which was also my cheapest car, did it "better" than the other two "Luxury" brands.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Even worse, when you get in the vehicle and select your position you have to hold the button until all the movements have been completed. My FX worked the same way Red Rovers Murano worked. There are many engineering features that the Germans have taken a different and unusual slant on.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK350
yeah i was about to say, I can't believe I have to hold the button until everything moves to its rightful place. lol. Ditto the no link to key, all my Acura's have it whereby it moves the seats when you unlock the car with either "key 1" or "key 2" to the corresponding memory setting..