Getting throttle to "relearn" our driving style

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350, Audi TT
Getting throttle to "relearn" our driving style

Hello.
We just purchased a a year old GLK and love it.

This is the first time that I HAD to read a vehicle's manual in order to take advantage of all of the features - I'm still learning the correct procedure for having Navigation respond to a POI request.

We'd like to have the throttle readapt or relearn our driving style. I've seen a post about this in the w204 forum, but I'm not sure if I should use the same procedure for our GLK.

I'm assuming that the C and S settings adjust shift points using some standard "C" and "S" formula based off of our "normal" driving style. Right?

Thanks.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Benchbear
Hello.
We just purchased a a year old GLK and love it.

This is the first time that I HAD to read a vehicle's manual in order to take advantage of all of the features - I'm still learning the correct procedure for having Navigation respond to a POI request.

We'd like to have the throttle readapt or relearn our driving style. I've seen a post about this in the w204 forum, but I'm not sure if I should use the same procedure for our GLK.

I'm assuming that the C and S settings adjust shift points using some standard "C" and "S" formula based off of our "normal" driving style. Right?

Thanks.
reset is the same as the 204...

and yes, the car does learn your driving on both settings - c and s - based on predetermined criteria (s = 1st gear start c = 2nd gear start, c shifts a 3500 rpm and sport around 5k)

furthermore it won't kickdown as much in c as compared to s...will hold the gears longer before moving down 1 gear - sport kicks you down two
Old 04-11-2010, 11:03 PM

2010 Barolo Red-Almond/Black GLK 350, 2008 Cadillac Gold Mist LUX III DTS
No need for everybody to scurry over to the W204 board and do searches on How to Reset.
1- Turn Ignition to ON (Just short of START.)
2- Fully depress gas pedal for 5 seconds.
3- Turn Ignition OFF
4- Release Gas Pedal
5- Wait at least two minutes before starting and driving car.....

No one seems to know how long a learning cycle is etc....
If you have babied this car when you broke it in.........how long before it adapts to "normal" driving......if you start giving it the gas....how long before it adapts to "aggressive" driving........

Seems to me that even if it learns very fast, and you are not in some repetitive mode, like track racing......the learning will always be behind the actual requirement?
Old 04-11-2010, 11:25 PM

GLK 350, Audi TT
Thanks for the throttle relearning tips

RR: As you say, I don't expect anything dramatic to happen.

But just on principle, seems like something I must do, to make my GLK belong to me, rather than the person who owned it for a year before me.

Just a matter of car hygiene, if you know what I mean.

Normally, I'd also change the air filter right away, with the same sort of spring cleaning mentality. But given the steps required to gain access, I'll put that off for a while.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:35 AM

GLK
According to releared procedure by fully stepping the gas pedal for 5 seconds will the engine get flooded by doing this?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
No it will not flood the engine.... But where is it written that the GLK350 has an *adaptive* throttle pedal?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 AM

Mercedes Benz GLK-350
Originally Posted by MBRedux
No it will not flood the engine.... But where is it written that the GLK350 has an *adaptive* throttle pedal?
^ If i'm not mistaken the GLK350 doesnt have this feature of the vehicle adapting to the drivers driving pattern.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Cool

Originally Posted by MBRedux
Originally Posted by G*L*K
^ If i'm not mistaken the GLK350 doesnt have this feature of the vehicle adapting to the drivers driving pattern.
The engine won't flood because the fuel delivery system is not turned on until you start the engine. Been like that since forever with electronic fuel injection. One reason why you should NEVER touch the gas pedal before the engine starts.

The throttle may not adapt per se, but the transmission does. Or so I am led to believe.

Wayne

Last edited by venchka; 01-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.