GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Factory Hitch electrical harness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350 4matic and my favorite Vintage 1982 PK Ripper Looptail
Factory Hitch electrical harness

I want to rent an utility trailer to move some stuff around. I contacted Rona and they said the vehical has to support "electric brakes". I have the factory MB hitch installed and it has the hitch wiring harness. Does anyone know if the factory wiring harness will support this "electric brakes" thing ? Thanks.

Last edited by GLKster; 05-08-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 GLK 220CDI 4M BlueEFFICIENCY
Originally Posted by GLKster
I want to rent an utility trailer to move some stuff around. I contacted Rona and they said the vehical has to support "electric brakes". I have the factory MB hitch installed and it has the hitch wiring harness. Does anyone know if the factory wiring harness will support this "electric brakes" thing ? Thanks.
I guess I have to be careful here, not knowing the specification of the utility trailer in question. Note the chapter "Trailer towing", in general, starting on page 246 in the "GLK Operator's Manual (http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/servPrtsOwnersManuals/). There are some information regarding brakes in the paragraph "Electrical connections" there, and more detailed on page 247, "Coupling a trailer". Note the "!" and "i".