GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Quick Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350W4
Quick Questions

Since last I posted i've put about 3,000 miles on my 2010 GLK and have a few questions that I have not been able to figure out.

1) On my previous cars, DRLs were the high beams at 70% intensity but on the GLK it seems that the DRLs are either not working or are the regular lights on 100% of the time (inner high beams low and outer beams high plus rear tails). Can anyone confirm this and is there a way to make only the high beams function as DRL. (rear lights and parking lights off)

2) I am still searching for the Chrome Rear Trim for the GLK that goes under the tristar. The dealership wants over $200 for it, but I've seen this one on ebay that retails for about $100.00 from the European GLKs. However, the seller says that the European GLKs are different than the US and Japanese GLKs but I cannot find the differences. Anyone know if I can just buy one of those?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mercedes-GLK-200...2#ht_758wt_913

3) I have always had halogen reflector lights or HID on my cars and this is the first one with halogen projectors. However, I feel like I can outrun my headlights at anything over 20 mph. Anyone else feel like they are way too low? Are there anyways to re-aim them a bit higher? It seems like my friends 2006 Civic has better lights than the GLK.

*Anyone thinking about whether to get the lighting package or not, do not do what I did and get the regular lights, get the Lighting Package.

So far I love my GLK. Drives very smoothly and is very quiet even with 20" wheels. I've also been getting between 16-20 mpg which is the EPA estimates.

Only gripes are the headlights and the interior trim on the doors. This is the only car i've had where the door trim is made of plastic instead of leather or cloth inserts. I will definitely update those pieces of trim if the MMC GLK comes with those inserts. Overall this is a really nice SUV!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
1. Most DRL systems run on low beam at 100% nowadays.

2. Shrug

3. Get an HID conversion kit for your projector low beams. www.hidextra.com. They are a sponsor here. Find the thread on how to get a kit for 65 bucks. (and if you win the iphone I want it so I can tape a few ounces of C4 to it )

4. wait... there is no 4.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:10 PM

W205 c400 sport
i am considering selling my rear chrome trim. you'll need new tape for it but **** as good as new. i bought it from the dealer. it is still on the car though.

edit: those ebay trims will fit, but shipping and conversion rates are more money.

Last edited by Blazeitup123; 07-19-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: more
Old 07-21-2010, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK 350 Sandstone Beige
Originally Posted by Blazeitup123
i am considering selling my rear chrome trim. you'll need new tape for it but **** as good as new. i bought it from the dealer. it is still on the car though.

edit: those ebay trims will fit, but shipping and conversion rates are more money.
Can you post a pic?
Old 07-21-2010, 01:38 PM

W205 c400 sport
i don't have any pics on this pc, but when i get home tonight, i will post one.