Xenon Halogens for GLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Xenon Halogens for GLK

Hi there,

I was recently looking into installing a HID kit on my non-HID GLK, but saw from a variety of forums that the installation would activate the sensor which thinks your light bulbs are burnt out.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem? Last thing I want is an electrical issue from an aftermarket light installation.

Also, as a work around, I am considering just getting a pair of xenon white halogens to replace the stock halogens to produce white light instead of yellow. Has anyone tried this? Any feedback on this?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:07 PM

GLK 350
No one has a single comment about this??
Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by vwprince
Hi there,

I was recently looking into installing a HID kit on my non-HID GLK, but saw from a variety of forums that the installation would activate the sensor which thinks your light bulbs are burnt out. (YES, BUT IT CAN BE TURNED OFF WITH MB-TECH-COM)

Does anyone know if this is a common problem? (YES IT IS) Last thing I want is an electrical issue from an aftermarket light installation. (YOU WILL HAVE THEM...)

Also, as a work around, I am considering just getting a pair of xenon white halogens to replace the stock halogens to produce white light instead of yellow. Has anyone tried this? Any feedback on this? (YES, IT HAS BEEN REPORTED THAT THIS DOES MELT THE INNER LIGHT HOUSING)

Thanks!
Reponses above in BOLD.

Bottom line: Should have bought your car with factory HID's if you wanted them so bad.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:51 PM

GLK 350
Thanks for the reply! What is MB-Tech-COM? I've seen a variety of posts here of examples where people were able to install HID kits, stating that there were no errors.

Wow, really? I didnt know putting aftermarket bulbs would have such a huge effect. Better take them out! =P
Old 08-12-2010, 08:35 PM

GLK 350
Interesting thing is, I find that the white halogen xenons I put on actually seem to give off less bright light, although it does look cooler at night