GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Door panel removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 06:25 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Honda Pilot
Door panel removal?

Anyone have any tips on the rear door panel removal on the GLK? I'm guessing it should be like any other car...but if someone has any info that would be great. I'm going to be installing a subwoofer in the back next week, so I need to tap into the rear speakers.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK350
Can anyone help with this? I'd like to remove all the panels to replace the speakers. I see the two bolts on the bottom, and I don't remember where I read it, but I heard to remove those two bolts and give a hard pull. But the door panel looks like it's multiple pieces and I don't want to break anything. Will I need to replace those tabs, and if so, does anyone know where I can get them?
Old 04-23-2011, 01:35 PM

Honda Pilot
Originally Posted by mrpeenut24
Can anyone help with this? I'd like to remove all the panels to replace the speakers. I see the two bolts on the bottom, and I don't remember where I read it, but I heard to remove those two bolts and give a hard pull. But the door panel looks like it's multiple pieces and I don't want to break anything. Will I need to replace those tabs, and if so, does anyone know where I can get them?
I would HIGHLY recommend you get yourself a door panel puller kit before you attempt this. Here is the one that I used to remove all the panels when I did my sound system install: http://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP5011-...3579898&sr=1-1

Using these tools, none of the tabs ended up breaking, wheras if you just shove something in there and try to pry it open, either the tab will break or it will get break free from the door panel and remain in the actual door. Save yourself the hassle and get this kit, and it should go smoothly.

Like you said, remove the bolts, and then from there it's easy. You have to use the tools to unclip the door panel from the sides and the bottom. Then you lift up on the panel and it will separate from the grooves that it sits on top of the door. It'll make more sense when you actually do it.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK350
I was definitely going to get one of those before I started. I just wanted to make sure that was all I needed. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try to post some pictures when I do it for future reference. :-)
Old 04-23-2011, 02:07 PM

Honda Pilot
Originally Posted by mrpeenut24
I was definitely going to get one of those before I started. I just wanted to make sure that was all I needed. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try to post some pictures when I do it for future reference. :-)
Yep, that's all you really need. It's really quick to get the door panels off, just a couple minutes if you have those tools above.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glk350
Instructions attached if anyone interested
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2011-11-30_224144_mrfront.pdf (222.4 KB, 2046 views)
File Type: pdf
2011-11-30_224213_mrfront1.pdf (128.4 KB, 1413 views)