GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Black rubber moulding at the door sill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:15 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 53 Coupe, 2024 GLE 450e SUV
Black rubber moulding at the door sill

I just noticed that the rubber moulding at the bottom of the door sill is all frayed and torn. I must scrape against it when I get in and out. I showed it to the dealer and they ordered a repalcement. They were nice about it.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Originally Posted by F18BEN
I just noticed that the rubber moulding at the bottom of the door sill is all frayed and torn. I must scrape against it when I get in and out. I showed it to the dealer and they ordered a repalcement. They were nice about it.
The GLK is the first car I've ever owned where you really have to "pay attention" when getting in or out.

I noticed my jeans pants pocket would "catch" the black thing as well sometimes. Usually when getting in. When I exit the GLK I sometimes use my hand along the bottom to help give me a push out. Whenever I do this though my hands leave marks on that black thing at the bottom. The marks wash right off no problem.

Cool that the dealer will replace this for you though. Most dealers would claim Owners Fault and charge you.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
This is the kind of stuff that makes running boards worthwhile, if there were any decent ones available for the GLK.

I can't believe there are no aftermarket ones out there; there must be agazillion companies makinf them for every other SUV and pickup truck!