GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Clear mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350
Clear mats

I am still looking for clear mats to cover my orignal floormats, any suggestions?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Old 07-13-2011, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 141 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
just get the oem all-season mats
Old 07-13-2011, 08:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Originally Posted by ollsanta
I am still looking for clear mats to cover my orignal floormats, any suggestions?
Remember it is not a good idea to put mats over mats. The clear mat over the regular mat will not be fastened in place like the normal mat. If it were to move around you might wind up like the people that had the gas pedal problem with there Lexus and Toyota's. Just a work of advise.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Banned

iii
Originally Posted by ollsanta

I know exactly what you mean. I purchased the clear mats from costco for $20, and because they have really rigid spikes on the bottom, they will dig into the MB fabric mats just perfectly and will not slide any where, just try to line the corner edge with the gas pedal, it will be a bit sideways but works fine for keeping the original mat underneath clean. The gas pedal itself is high enough. You really have to push the mat forward to be able to wedge it in and push the pedal, which is very hard, plus the GLK gas pedal is very hard to push-on in comparison to the toyota one.
If you are really concern with the gas pedal being pushed, buy OEM all season mats from "WeatherTech" for about $100 a set (not clear ones but you can match the interior color) and if you want the cargo liner as well its $220 a set (that cargo liner is EXPENSIVEEEEE), or even better, remove the original mats and store away, and install the WeatherTeck floor liner for about $170. It is digitally cut and shaped so it will stay in place without moving at all. Or go to the Mercedes Dealer, but be ready to pay close to a $500 for a set of just the mats and I think they got clear, not sure though.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:11 PM

GLK 350 4matic
I removed and stored the carpet mat and bought a set of rubber all season mats from MB for about $120. It can be easily cleaned. I will actually keep it through summer as it doesn't bother me. The MB rubber mat doesn't have the raised edge to contain wet snow in the winter. That's the downside.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Banned

iii
Originally Posted by yualfred
I removed and stored the carpet mat and bought a set of rubber all season mats from MB for about $120. It can be easily cleaned. I will actually keep it through summer as it doesn't bother me. The MB rubber mat doesn't have the raised edge to contain wet snow in the winter. That's the downside.
Ooooh maaan, if you were gonna spend the money, why didn't you get the weather tech liner set for a $50 more, they have the raised edges and are very comfortable... A lot of Mb owners who come to the shop have this setup...
Old 07-15-2011, 03:25 PM

GLK 350 4matic
Originally Posted by GLKMM
Ooooh maaan, if you were gonna spend the money, why didn't you get the weather tech liner set for a $50 more, they have the raised edges and are very comfortable... A lot of Mb owners who come to the shop have this setup...
No, its not the cost. I guess I just didn't like the weathertech in general. Even with the weathertech, you still have areas without raised edge (near the gas pedal) that require cleaning.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 141 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
MB has OEM liners that have raised edges (I think it is a weathertech rebadged). I won't complain about OEM rubber mats as I got mine for free but they are ****ty on the back as it doesn't have stubs on it and slips around. I also bought a thin carpet (from canadian tire) and cut a portion to protect the middle bump at the back. I was surprised that the color of the aftermarket carpet is the exact color and texture of the OEM carpets. I also did the same thing on the trunk area and custom cut a carpet with a extending lip to cover the bumper for loading and unloading. You can get OEM accessories that can do all of that but will cost you $$$ I only paid $18.75 for the carpet and it does the job and looks OEM.