GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Anyone Had Issue With GLK FishTailing or Skidding?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 E400 Wagon Black/Black MB Tex P1 & Sport Wheel Package
Anyone Had Issue With GLK FishTailing or Skidding?

We had a lot of heavy rain all day Saturday and I left an event in my 2010 GLK about 7:30PM and pulled out of a parking lot onto a busy 3-lane street that has trolley tracks in the far right lane. It is a vehicular lane.

My intention was to move to the middle lane but before I could all of a sudden my GLK fishtailed & skidded across 3 lanes of traffic. There was no ice - just roads were slick.

It is nothing short of a miracle that I didn't hit any cars around me and that no cars hit me.

Aside from this being a scary occurrence based on very slick and wet road conditions and possibly a tire hooking on the track. is there anything I need to have checked out mechanically that could have caused this to happen.

My GLK has about 12,500 moles on it with original tires.

Relieved and thanks.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Tire pressure, the remaining treadlife of the tires, the tread design of the tire itself, and the tire compound. A bunch of variables. How was the road paved? Fresh asphalt is REALLY slick with the slightest amount of moisture; like ice in the rain.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 E400 Wagon Black/Black MB Tex P1 & Sport Wheel Package
My tire pressure should be ok. We just went through the change from hot summer to cooler temps about a month ago and the pressure indicator came on so I had all tires adjusted. I can't remember what tires came on the car but I do not think they have been rotated. Roadway was not fresh asphalt. Perhaps I should have tires checked but I had hoped to get more mileage out of them but will opt for safety. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
easy with the gas pedal on slick roads. I've done this on ice/snow (on purpose), GLK does go sideways more that I expected under acceleration.