Questions about the Radio/Sound System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
Questions about the Radio/Sound System

I have a 2011 GLK and wanted to see if anyone could help with the following:

1. When your first turn on the radio, the warning message comes up and stays for what seems to me like longer than it should. Is there anyway to bypass this so you can go straight to operating the radio? My GLK doesn't have have the NAVI if that matters.

2. I've noticed the volume level of the radio/CD/SAT will decrease when you come to a red light, etc. I assume this is a built-in feature, but it gets a little annoying. Can this be bypassed?

3. I love the sound system in the car, but is there some type of regulator on it that prevents it from being turned up beyond a certain volume level? I know the system can handle a higher noise level, but it seems to max out way before it gets there.

Don't mean to sound like I'm nit picking, but just trying to get a better idea of some of the features.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by Usc90grad
I have a 2011 GLK and wanted to see if anyone could help with the following:

1. When your first turn on the radio, the warning message comes up and stays for what seems to me like longer than it should. Is there anyway to bypass this so you can go straight to operating the radio? My GLK doesn't have have the NAVI if that matters. (I DON'T BELIEVE SO. THE DELAY IS BECAUSE IT'S BOOTING UP. IT'S NOT YOUR TYPICAL DUMB RADIO FROM YESTERYEAR. IT HAS BRAINS.)

2. I've noticed the volume level of the radio/CD/SAT will decrease when you come to a red light, etc. I assume this is a built-in feature, but it gets a little annoying. Can this be bypassed? (THAT'S ODD, IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND??? YET IT CAN BE OVERRIDDEN IN SETTINGS. VOLUME LIMITER.)

3. I love the sound system in the car, but is there some type of regulator on it that prevents it from being turned up beyond a certain volume level? I know the system can handle a higher noise level, but it seems to max out way before it gets there. (DO YOU HAVE THE HK SYSTEM? IF SO, IT DOES HAVE A LIMITER.)

Don't mean to sound like I'm nit picking, but just trying to get a better idea of some of the features.