GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2013 GLK showroom sightings?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1988 Carrera
2013 GLK showroom sightings?

I am hearing from two (2) different local dealers that there will be at least one 2013 GLK in the showroom this week.

What is everyone else hearing?

Who will be the first to report (preferably w/ a pic) the first sighting "in the wild?" : )

Scott
Old 07-31-2012, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Mid August on average.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
I saw my first at a dealer in Florida yesterday while on business. I really like what they did with the interior...subtle, but needed improvements.

I didn't take pictures, but it was Mercedes of Melbourne, FL. I also found the vehicle through cars.com:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Hopefully the link to their pictures will work.

Last edited by golfster; 08-01-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
AMG and I drove one yesterday

There is 2013 GLK 4 matic in black with the P01 package that snuck in, the Multimedia package with Comand, heated leather almond/mocha seats, but otherwise standard package at MB of Danbury, CT.

Please realize that this vehicle was not broken in so we didn't abuse it. We just drove it on roads, the highway and a local farm road.

She drove it and I was the passenger. It has that tight Mercedes feel. The new stalk controls, the dash and the audio commands are well laid out and intuitive. The seats are firm and supportive. The passenger seat in particular has wonderful lower back support and is otherwise adjustable. Being over 6' the seat is best in class outdoing even the XC60 that prides itself on being eumatic. The 13 base audio system seems better than the base system in the previous generation. Even though the car had just a few miles on it it does have better grunt than the previous version that was no slouch. It has adequate ground clearance for the gentle off-roading she will do in it. Even though the Contis were still "greasy" the car handled more like a sports model than an SUV. For example, very little body lean at speed yet no silly overcompensated steering at slow speeds. The brakes are very good. Visibility is outstanding unlike so many other small SUVs.

It was very quiet at idle. On brisk acceleration, even in ECO mode, the car pushed you back in the seat. We verbally programmed the car for a trip to a specific street in Toronto. Easy and intuitive.

We exposed the Pano roof with a push button slider but could not figure out how to close the shade. She felt the control was to close to the SOS switch. There was no verbal commad for closing the roof either that we could find. Since we are ordering the Q01 package this is not a problem for us. We could not tell if the iPAD/iPOD connector fits the latest generation. We were told the USB connection would play 96k/24 bit .flac files but we did not test this nor did we connect a USB hard drive with music on it.

In the last several months we have driven just about every comparably sized "SUV" on the market from Acuras to Volvos. To our tastes, this is a real MB and is superior to every other brand we have driven. We truly liked the '12 we drove but we are glad we have waited to order the 13.

If anyone wants our reaction to a specific model from another brand, let us know.

Questions?

Last edited by grane; 08-01-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM

1988 Carrera
Well I guess they are starting to show up... good news!

We will be comparing it closely with the 2013 X3.

Thanks for the reports!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:14 PM

1988 Carrera
Originally Posted by grane
There is 2013 GLK 4 matic in black with the P01 package that snuck in, the Multimedia package with Comand, heated leather almond/mocha seats, but otherwise standard package at MB of Danbury, CT.

Please realize that this vehicle was not broken in so we didn't abuse it. We just drove it on roads, the highway and a local farm road.

She drove it and I was the passenger. It has that tight Mercedes feel. The new stalk controls, the dash and the audio commands are well laid out and intuitive. The seats are firm and supportive. The passenger seat in particular has wonderful lower back support and is otherwise adjustable. Being over 6' the seat is best in class outdoing even the XC60 that prides itself on being eumatic. The 13 base audio system seems better than the base system in the previous generation. Even though the car had just a few miles on it it does have better grunt than the previous version that was no slouch. It has adequate ground clearance for the gentle off-roading she will do in it. Even though the Contis were still "greasy" the car handled more like a sports model than an SUV. For example, very little body lean at speed yet no silly overcompensated steering at slow speeds. The brakes are very good. Visibility is outstanding unlike so many other small SUVs.

It was very quiet at idle. On brisk acceleration, even in ECO mode, the car pushed you back in the seat. We verbally programmed the car for a trip to a specific street in Toronto. Easy and intuitive.

We exposed the Pano roof with a push button slider but could not figure out how to close the shade. She felt the control was to close to the SOS switch. There was no verbal commad for closing the roof either that we could find. Since we are ordering the Q01 package this is not a problem for us. We could not tell if the iPAD/iPOD connector fits the latest generation. We were told the USB connection would play 96k/24 bit .flac files but we did not test this nor did we connect a USB hard drive with music on it.

In the last several months we have driven just about every comparably sized "SUV" on the market from Acuras to Volvos. To our tastes, this is a real MB and is superior to every other brand we have driven. We truly liked the '12 we drove but we are glad we have waited to order the 13.

Questions?
Thanks very much for the detailed report, much appreciated. Do you know if the 2013 GLK had been in the showroom for a few days or did your salesperson call you as soon as the first one showed up?

Interesting that the GLK you tested had the pano sunroom as I read posts that there were QC issues with that feature.

Was there anything in particular about the X3 you didn't like when compared to the GLK? We like the X3 for a number of reasons, especially when custom optioned with the Sports Activity Pkg (great seats!), the Cold Weather Pkg (heated str wheel and 40/20/40 split rear seat) and a few other odds & ends. The X3 also drives quite well, has great visibility, is built in South Carolina and includes 4 years maintenance (which is hard to beat).

Congrats on your order and good luck with your new purchase!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Originally Posted by golfster
I saw my first at a dealer in Florida yesterday while on business. I really like what they did with the interior...subtle, but needed improvements.

I didn't take pictures, but it was Mercedes of Melbourne, FL. I also found the vehicle through cars.com:

Was at my dealer this morning checking on my third tranny. Still hasn't arrived. They said they'll be getting the '13 GLK's in about a week to 10 days. But something tells me they already sold one or two. One of my employees said he saw one on the road yesterday??? Hmmmm
Old 08-01-2012, 01:29 PM

2015 VW GTI.S4; 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige
Originally Posted by golfster

Nice catch!
Photo Video & all
Old 08-01-2012, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by sbpwjm
Thanks very much for the detailed report, much appreciated. Do you know if the 2013 GLK had been in the showroom for a few days or did your salesperson call you as soon as the first one showed up?

Interesting that the GLK you tested had the pano sunroom as I read posts that there were QC issues with that feature.

Was there anything in particular about the X3 you didn't like when compared to the GLK? We like the X3 for a number of reasons, especially when custom optioned with the Sports Activity Pkg (great seats!), the Cold Weather Pkg (heated str wheel and 40/20/40 split rear seat) and a few other odds & ends. The X3 also drives quite well, has great visibility, is built in South Carolina and includes 4 years maintenance (which is hard to beat).

Congrats on your order and good luck with your new purchase!
Thank you.

We do not deal with sales people only with finance and sales managers. I think the 13 car came in the day were ordered ours. It was an earlier P01 build before the problems were spotted or cropped up.

AMG owned an X3. Her observations: visibility was poor, the gas gauge never worked properly - no idea of how much gas was in tank below 1/2 full, the controls were non-intuitive and often hardly accessible, the "free" service interval was too long for the car if you wanted to keep it and did not cover necessary items, poor resale value, shoddy build quality, "boy racer" image to cop magnet. Otherwise it handled well, the seats were very good and was comfortable.

The 13 GLK feels like a MB. It has "good bones."

Last edited by grane; 08-01-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:01 PM

1988 Carrera
Originally Posted by MBNA109
Nice catch!
Photo Video & all
Ditto! Good thinking!

I just tried the same and there are a few at a dealership not far from me at all. Actually there are 5 at one dealership and 1 at another according to Cars.com.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
M-B of Encino is near my office so I stopped by during lunch. They have 2 so I sat in one to look it over.

I'm still not sure if I like the column shifter, but at least it is electronic so the driver doesn't have crank it up and down to select a gear.

I do like the LED rear lights on all models...
Old 08-01-2012, 05:33 PM

1988 Carrera
Interesting, interesting...

I guess my next question is... when will BYO 2013 GLK "go live" on MBUSA.com?

Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Red GLK350, blue '87 Toyota Land Cruiser
"FRONT" ventilated disc brakes?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:04 PM

1988 Carrera
Ditto! Good thinking!

I just tried the same and there are a few at a dealership not far from me at all. Actually there are 5 at one dealership and 1 at another according to Cars.com.
The 2013 GLKs continue to show up in increasing numbers near me, now the same dealerships have a total of 14 cars, split 8 at one and 6 at the other.

If "my" dealership doesn't get some 2013s tomorrow, I'll pay a visit to one of these others over the weekend.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 PM

1988 Carrera
Interesting, interesting...

I guess my next question is... when will BYO 2013 GLK "go live" on MBUSA.com?

This question answered in a different thread on this forum...

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/class/class-GLK
Old 08-03-2012, 09:38 AM

2015 VW GTI.S4; 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige
This question answered in a different thread on this forum...

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/class/class-GLK
You answered your own question. LOL!

Well done.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:34 PM

1988 Carrera
You answered your own question. LOL!

Well done.
I love it when a plan comes together!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:24 AM

GLK 350, 300ce
This is the preowned lot of an AD

http://www.benzblogger.com/labels/GLK-Class.html
Old 08-04-2012, 02:33 AM

GLK 350, 300ce
Nice catch!
Photo Video & all
Who is she? She is in like every cars.com video for all dealers across the nation and models!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Hmmm, kind of disappointed, they won't be showing up until October up here in Canada, and the diesel in March....
Old 08-04-2012, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Originally Posted by rmfnla
M-B of Encino is near my office so I stopped by during lunch. They have 2 so I sat in one to look it over.

I'm still not sure if I like the column shifter, but at least it is electronic so the driver doesn't have crank it up and down to select a gear.

I do like the LED rear lights on all models...
Did they have a mark-up? I saw a C250 there a little while ago with a $5K markup...
Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 PM

C250,GLK350
We have three in stock, trying to make it two by trading in my wifes 2011...the new GLK drive much more like a C than the previous model.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:35 AM

2010 C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by grane

If anyone wants our reaction to a specific model from another brand, let us know.

Questions?
SOS button? I was told that no mBrace or Teleaid so I wonder how that is going to work? Any ideas? Did you look in the manual at all?

My 13 is enroute from Halifax to Calgary. Wish it was here now!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Did a test drive this morning and put a deposit on the Lunar Blue with Mocha leather (but may switch to Black leather). AMG package and the rest of the options but without Lane Tracking and Driver Assistance. The car handles well and has a good pick up. The size is just right for what I'm looking for and the body style has a distinctive character that other small SUVs don't.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:02 PM

2010 C300 Sport 4Matic
I ordered a obsidian after it was announced, black artico, dark burl with every option available. It is in Canada already so I should have it next week! Good size for us as well. We are keeping our C300 as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 GLK showroom sightings?