GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Becker MAP PILOT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E Class
Originally Posted by mbzusr
Gah. I have not been on the board in a while and missed this deal. Looking forward to knowing how the unit works out.
If you like the navigation unit that M-B installs at the factory, you will like this one too.

Keep an eye on eBay as the vendor may have more listed soon.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Originally Posted by mbzusr
Gah. I have not been on the board in a while and missed this deal. Looking forward to knowing how the unit works out.
Unit arrived today to my surprise. I actually saw the mailman in the building next to mine and asked him for it.

Voice input seems to work well but the resolution seems to be smaller than the other menus (audio/telephone/etc...) and the graphics are noticeably "blockier" than the MM pkg navi. But for $200 I think it matches similarly priced units out there and is integrated to boot.

Last edited by dcjwlee; 12-26-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:03 PM

2013 GLK 350
I got mine BMP today from e-bay,it was easy to install just plug in and play!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140899126335?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649
Old 12-28-2012, 01:09 PM

ML63
use Becker connection for backup camera

I would like to connect the backup camera to the connection of the Becker map pilot. The idea is to keep both options. So it seems it would be possible to connect a splitter to the pilot outlet in the glove box to connect both, the pilot and the backup cam which would go on only when the reverse gear engaged.

This should help avoiding taking the dash apart and will not require reprogramming of the command. The down side would be that the pilot will not go in to the same spot due to the connection being on the way.

Can anybody let me know if they saw anything similar?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 PM

2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Interesting feature - When you press the voice input button for the navigation the air flow from heating/cooling will lessen so it doesn't interfere. I only noticed because I had the front defog on MAX.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:30 PM

2013 c250 sport
Becker Map Pilot

In my Mercedes-Benz C250 it does not have the bracket, located inside the glove compartment, like other Mercedes have.There is not one thing inside the glove compartment. I was wondering if any other people have had this same problem. If you have had this problem before, how did u fix it? Where the bracket located?`
Old 10-26-2014, 07:07 PM

2010 E Class
Originally Posted by gorgeous1987
In my Mercedes-Benz C250 it does not have the bracket, located inside the glove compartment, like other Mercedes have.There is not one thing inside the glove compartment. I was wondering if any other people have had this same problem. If you have had this problem before, how did u fix it? Where the bracket located?`
The installation bracket was a factory installed option in my GLK. Many dealers order cars (for inventory) wih this bracket. If yours isn't so equipped I recommend that you purchase a Garmin hang on GPS. For a couple hundred dollars (US) it is better than the Becker including the MB branded unit.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 GLK350
Originally Posted by ben721364
The installation bracket was a factory installed option in my GLK. Many dealers order cars (for inventory) wih this bracket. If yours isn't so equipped I recommend that you purchase a Garmin hang on GPS. For a couple hundred dollars (US) it is better than the Becker including the MB branded unit.

^^This.

It's not something you 'fix' or 'add'. It's a factory pre-wire for the nav system to tie into the radio display. If they didn't order the car that way you're out of luck.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:26 PM

2010 E Class
Originally Posted by CJBROWN
^^This.

It's not something you 'fix' or 'add'. It's a factory pre-wire for the nav system to tie into the radio display. If they didn't order the car that way you're out of luck.
Let's clarify. The factory pre-wire is necessary if one wants to buy the M-B plug in unit for $700+ or the same unit with the Becker name on it for $200+.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:04 AM

2013 C250
Originally Posted by gorgeous1987
Your car does not have that option installed.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:24 PM

2009 SLK 350
Originally Posted by NYML63
I would like to connect the backup camera to the connection of the Becker map pilot. The idea is to keep both options. So it seems it would be possible to connect a splitter to the pilot outlet in the glove box to connect both, the pilot and the backup cam which would go on only when the reverse gear engaged.

This should help avoiding taking the dash apart and will not require reprogramming of the command. The down side would be that the pilot will not go in to the same spot due to the connection being on the way.

Can anybody let me know if they saw anything similar?
This is something that I am also very interested in. If anyone can shed light on this issue I would be grateful. I have a 2013 GLK with the Becker Map Pilot pre-wiring, and I would like to know if adding a backup camera would be possible, one that is integrated into the original screen. TIA!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 GL350
bought mine on eBay, did a free map update outta the box, plugged right into the glove box slot. been a happy camper ever since.....

I think the first map update is free, subsequent updates might cost a few bucks.... I don't plan on updating mine anytime soon....or ever
Old 05-13-2015, 10:05 PM

GLK250
Question Becker Map Pilot -further reviews

I recently purchased a Becker Map Pilot at a lower price than the Dealer..
My 2014 MB GLK 250 is already pre-wired ,so i assume (dangerous word)that when it arrives ,it is plug & play...

Most of the reviews are negative...I have used my Smart Phone with GPS in the past but decided because a dedicated screen that is well located , it creates less of a distraction .The lower cost for the BECKER MAP PILOT connected /on screen /NAV/will reduce glare problems from my smart phone.
I have used various attachment to anchor the smart phone but with less than positive success.
Looking to hear others experience with the Becker Map Pilot
Old 06-25-2015, 10:25 AM

c220
0 a 10 (zero a dez) eu dou zero estrelas in actualização beckermappilot , dificilimo baixar, Lixo
Old 06-25-2015, 02:56 PM

2009 E350, 2015 GLK350 4Matic
Originally Posted by HONDO250
I recently purchased a Becker Map Pilot at a lower price than the Dealer..
My 2014 MB GLK 250 is already pre-wired ,so i assume (dangerous word)that when it arrives ,it is plug & play...

Most of the reviews are negative...I have used my Smart Phone with GPS in the past but decided because a dedicated screen that is well located , it creates less of a distraction .The lower cost for the BECKER MAP PILOT connected /on screen /NAV/will reduce glare problems from my smart phone.
I have used various attachment to anchor the smart phone but with less than positive success.
Looking to hear others experience with the Becker Map Pilot
If it were me I'd save my money, but my wife wanted to have the in car as she frequently uses nav. In my opinion it's a relatively archaic system, but it works fine. I can think of a lot of ways to spend $600 better.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:02 PM

B Class
Hi guys,

Sorry to bring up an old post but I have a question regarding the various different module model numbers.

I have a B-Class W245 and had a M054 module that has since died. The contents of the storage device remains static. Can't format the device and can not add or delete files on it.

So I notice that there are a range of different Becker modules, so my question is... Can you buy a different module (eg. M078) as a replacement and will it work in place of it. Or do I need to only buy the M054 module for my B Class.

Thanks in advance...
Old 10-27-2017, 11:08 PM

GLK250
Toby777:
The short answer is that MAPILOT was a navigation system pre-wired in my 2014 Mercedes Benz GLK 250 BT diesel.
I did not purchase the Map pilot module from Mercedes Benz when I purchased my Mercedes Benz new from the dealer.
I purchased the Module used through Amazon Primed..(.after market used) Amazon matched the module to my vehicle and stated that the module matched.
With Amazon, an error message would state product does not fit, the wrong module.Later I purchased an update from MAP PILOT and downloaded the
new software update.The screen in the vehicle is part of the electronic package.A Smart Phone or tablet can be an accurate source for a future alternative, requiring no costly software.
with a suitable mount, google maps, map pilot or other app works just as well.Multiple apps are available for your choice for iPhone, or Android device. My 2014 MB GLK was pre-wired for Apple, iPhone system.
If you cannot obtain a solution to your MapPilot Module problem, I would recommend using a smartphone device ...as a navigation system.
Through Amazon or other sources,eBay...you can locate a replacement Becker MapPilotmodule.or other systems- tomtom, Garmin GPS, Rand McNally.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:33 AM

B Class
Sorry but that does't really answer my question regarding the different module model numbers and whether or not I can use a different Becker module than the one I had (M054) in there before.
The following users liked this post:
HONDO250 (10-28-2017)