GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK 2013 Xenon Lights question, car color ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
GLK 2013 Xenon Lights question, car color ?

Hello I am just about to order a 2013 GLK...

I have 2 questions, one relates to the Color, I was going to order in Palladium Silver, with Black interior .... anyone have this color? Does it maintain well? I have always had a silver car and thought it was time for change... Except my 12 year old car looks as good as new in the silver... Was told by dealer to go with Iridium Silver, Polar White or the Palladium Silver... Told me those were the best 3 colors for how clean they looked .... Any opinions would be great.

2nd question, Xenon Lights... No one can find a car with those as an option, so it seems like I will have to order one... Wait till Dec for it... What do you all think? Are they worth the wait? Dealer says if I order the car tomorrow I should get the same incentives in December... What do you think? Right now the car without the Xenons is getting me a 4K discount on the MSRP .... with P1 option and Multi media Pack ....

Would love to hear thoughts ....

Thanks ....
Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
i dont have a pic of a palladium silver with black interior but this is fairly common combo in my area. looks great and it is pretty easy to maintain.

as for the bixenon lights... when I ordered my glk, this was a must have for us. it really makes a huge difference over the standard lights. once you have bixenon, you will wonder how you ever lived without it (think HDTV vs the old tube tv quality we used to have).
Old 11-07-2012, 01:19 AM

GLK350, G55, AMG GTS, C63 507
I would totally agree with the comment above, the lighting package is a must it looks so much better and the lights are so powerful and good looking. Palladium silver with black would look very good you should go for it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=glk+...KJG5hAfzuIDIDg
Old 11-07-2012, 01:39 AM

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
2021 AMG C63S, 2022 AMG GLC 43
AMHAB82, we just picked up our GLK Sunday, and we have the option packages that you mentioned minus the XENON headlights. I have to completely agree with Fung63's analogy. I tried to sell the wife on them, but it was a no go.

The lighting package is only an additional $1290. Where did you get $4k?
Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 AM

GLK 2010
I would go with Polar White as its looks great and easy to maintain !

about the lights, I like the compression with HDTV, When you go HD you don't want to go back to SD, its really make a different, is it worth the wait ?! all up to you for me I'd wait !
Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 SL55
My father just ordered one. He decided to go with the diamond white color. It is a couple more dollars but really looks beautiful in the sunlight and even at night. As for the xenons, by selecting them, I believe you get the revised headlights with the nice LED light strips along the top of them.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM

ML320
Really appreciate all your responses.... I have understood that I must get Xenon lights... Which leads me to ask another question.... I am trying to avoid ordering one and having to wait till the new year when the incentives run out, or so I have been told.....

I have found one with all the specs I want, and the xenon lights but without the keyless go... So how important is Keyless Go? Any pros or cons to it? A must have or not? People who love it and people who don't care for it...
Again very grateful for your help...

Thank-you..
Old 11-07-2012, 01:40 PM

GLK350, G55, AMG GTS, C63 507
I didn't order it cause I just didn't think it was important but I do think about it at times, I just know it's something minor I shouldn't care about, others may disagree.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:35 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
Originally Posted by AMHAB82
Really appreciate all your responses.... I have understood that I must get Xenon lights... Which leads me to ask another question.... I am trying to avoid ordering one and having to wait till the new year when the incentives run out, or so I have been told.....

I have found one with all the specs I want, and the xenon lights but without the keyless go... So how important is Keyless Go? Any pros or cons to it? A must have or not? People who love it and people who don't care for it...
Again very grateful for your help...

Thank-you..
Keyless Go is not that important.
It is more like a convenience feature.
I have it and i like it a lot.
The key always stay in my pocket.
Don't have to fumble to look for the key anymore.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 GLA250 4MATIC
Here's mine in Pebble Grey Metallic with the Lighting Package headlights

In daylight

Last edited by kozak79; 11-07-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: added photo
Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 AM

GLK 2010
Originally Posted by ble2716
Keyless Go is not that important.
It is more like a convenience feature.
I have it and i like it a lot.
The key always stay in my pocket.
Don't have to fumble to look for the key anymore.
AGREE !
Old 11-08-2012, 01:41 PM

ML320
Again Thanks... I think I will have to order the car, because keyless go seems like a nice feature.... I see you have running boards @kozak79 .... They look great, I heard they just
get in the way, and are too small .... Would like to hear your feedback on those ..
Thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 GLA250 4MATIC
They don't get in the way. I don't really use them, but my wife does step on them to get in. They came part of the Appearance Package, which also included the 20" wheels. I think they frame the car nicely.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:22 PM

ML320
Originally Posted by kozak79
They don't get in the way. I don't really use them, but my wife does step on them to get in. They came part of the Appearance Package, which also included the 20" wheels. I think they frame the car nicely.
Yes I agree they frame the car very nicely.. I might get them without the appearance package, as that comes with the 20" wheels and as I live in NY the roads are awful the snow is awful and I have been told that for this area the 19" are better..... I really hope they can find me a car without me having to order it. If they don't I will lose the discounts they offer at this time...

I cannot believe that I am falling for the salesman pitch that the prices will go up in January!!!! Does anyone know how the prices trend at that time?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
silly

Go with the standard halogen lights. Try to buy xenons at the local auto parts store and they will laugh at you special order man. Try to install them yourself. Nightmare. The standard package has plenty of LEDs including foglights.

Save the cash for the upgraded HK sound system. Don't get 20" wheels unless you buy the insurance$$$$.

3M Shield the entire car if you buy it. Otherwise, lease it and forgeddaBOUT IT,

Last edited by grane; 11-08-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM

ML320
Thank you all for your help... I decided I could not wait to order the car... so gave up on the palladium silver and went with the iridium silver ..... BUT i did manage to get all the options P1 with the Pano roof, Multi M with the rear view camera, Heated seats, keyless Go, Lighting package, and running boards ..... I think it should be here by the weekend... Buying a car is stressful, I am glad it's over ..... I normally buy the car after 3 yrs if I like it enough. Also because I do so little milage ..... Lets see, if they bring out an all wheel drive SLK in the next 3 years I might get one of those....