GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Rotors/Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GLK 350
Rotors/Pads

On a GLK, must rotors be replaced when pads are replaced -- or does it just depend on rotor condition at the time pads are replaced? Also, I am told the MB rotors are not serviceable. Is this true? Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 05:41 PM

Received 243 Likes on 155 Posts
'19 CLS53, '19 SL550, '22 GLE53
Originally Posted by ATrudell
On a GLK, must rotors be replaced when pads are replaced -- or does it just depend on rotor condition at the time pads are replaced? Also, I am told the MB rotors are not serviceable. Is this true? Thanks
Based on experience with other models and makes, the rotors cannot be (or at least should not be) "turned." I'd expect that the minimum rotor thickness is stamped into the hub or the edge of the rotor. When the rotor thickness due to wear is less than this minimum, the rotors should be replaced and at that point, it is likely that your vehicle will not pass safety inpection. (I have new rotors on my garage shelf ready for the time that comes on my CLS. Until then I will continue to just replace the pads as I have done many times on many vehicles.)
Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic corrado glk
most garages now don't turn rotors. the ones that do charge like 20 bucks a pop to turn them.