GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Mercedes Benz Customer Support (Sucks)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
Anybody know how to disable the abs so it can be checked.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
i have a 2010 glk too and the tranny died on it at 40k km. good luck in replacing your 2nd
Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 PM

GLK350
We are working with the service manager on some options so we will see what happens. Keeping my fingrrs crossed we can come to a better number than the originsl 6700......
Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 141 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by phil17
To be honest though. Mercedes corp's customer service is terrible in Canada. Dealer's hit and miss. MB canada just doesn't give you the feeling that they stand behind their product the way Lexus/Acura does
I dont belive this at all as whenever i call mb canada to complain it is like a wip with a barb tip to the service department where my car is and they make sure it gets solved. It usually takes hours only for me to see action when i call mb canada on my complain and the service manager calls back to me to make sure they got the message and they will take care of it. I dont get that kind of attention from any car brands that i own before.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Originally Posted by REVTO9
We are working with the service manager on some options so we will see what happens. Keeping my fingrrs crossed we can come to a better number than the originsl 6700......

I think a key issue should be the version of the replacement tranny.

The fact that MB upgraded the unit after they realized it had issues proves that they knew there was a problem.

If the one they put into your car was the same version as the original that went bad they essentially swapped out one flawed part for another, and you should not have to pay for that.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK350
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
I dont belive this at all as whenever i call mb canada to complain it is like a wip with a barb tip to the service department where my car is and they make sure it gets solved. It usually takes hours only for me to see action when i call mb canada on my complain and the service manager calls back to me to make sure they got the message and they will take care of it. I dont get that kind of attention from any car brands that i own before.
lucky you. I didn't post for you to believe me or not. The fact that you had to complain to begin with already says alot about the brand as a whole. I posted because I dislike the overall Fan Boyish attitude when anything negative is said about the brand. At the end of the day, it's just an entry level car
Old 11-23-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts
2016 E350 2015 ML250 2002 Z06 CORVETTE
Originally Posted by phil17
lucky you. I didn't post for you to believe me or not. The fact that you had to complain to begin with already says alot about the brand as a whole. I posted because I dislike the overall Fan Boyish attitude when anything negative is said about the brand. At the end of the day, it's just an entry level car

I would imagine there are several million Canadians who could only wish it were an entry level car.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:25 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
Originally Posted by JALLEN4
I would imagine there are several million Canadians who could only wish it were an entry level car.
Gotta love this entry level car.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 141 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by JALLEN4
that is very true. if entry level for mb is a concern i would say it would be a B-class (US folks don't have it yet) but the service of MB (on the b-class) is one of the reason why I bought a GLK and another C-class as that is how impressed I was on their service. So having 3 MB cars on my garage at the same time tells a lot about the brand in general and from my experience on any car you WILL complain about something while owning it and the difference between the past brands I had is MB takes my complain seriously and FIXES IT not like the other brands like goes blah-blah-blah. Hence the reason why they earned my precious dollar to buy their cars.

What I also learned from dealing with service advisors is you must be civil with them about your problems and concern about the car. Whenever I have disaggrements with them there is always a reason why and sometimes what I am requesting and what I am experiencing on their cars is almost unheard off and was always being advised to bring it up to the higher powers because sometimes they only say to you what they are being told by the regional service manager or even their tech. guys on the service bays. IF you call and raise it to them nicely (customer support) they always treat that as a indication of dissapointment from their decisions and will take a another look on your case (works wonders when you complain to the boss of boss). If you come to them like a mad, sexless woman you will be treated almost the same way (in a nice way). So I think making the whole MB costumer service a joke won't be fair to say at least just because you had a bad experience on them.

BTW....I don't treat c-class as a entry level car same as the GLK and b-class. The fact it has the MB badge should hold a lot of expectations from the buyer (some folks are dissapointed but that is them) and I haven't been dissapointed on those expectations specially from the dollar amount I paid for the car. I will be dissapointed if I paid $50k for a toyota then it will have a peeling chrome cup holder trim (LOL) then they will tell me it was my fault.

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 11-24-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 PM

GLK350
We will see what happens. YThey were not yelled at or treated poorly. Just told the problem that has happened the second time and as you mentioned you expect more when you purchase a mb and so far it has been disappointing. Mostly because it's the same problem twice. That tells me there is a design issue with the parts. They have given us a car to drive while they research some options so I am hoping for an agreeable outcome.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM

GLK350
Originally Posted by Busta Riles
This is some serious trolling. Thank you for your insight, Mr. 1 Post.

You went against your better judgment by purchasing a Mercedes-Benz?

No. You went against your better judgment when you decided to service the car yourself. If you approached Mercedes-Benz in the same fashion that you are approaching this fine forum, I am not surprised you've run into a brick wall.

Never did hear back from Busta after being told I was a troll and would never responde, huh, what's that all about?

We did get the transfercase/transmission fixed and it was still alot of money but they did reduce the price more. It was still over $4000.00 which I still think we got stuck with a trans that had the same crappy bearings in the finial drive. I spoke to MB service after all the work was done and asked if there was any way to get a report on what went wrong on the second trans to compare it to the first trans but that is not possible I was told. They use several different vendors to rebuild the units back to MB spec's and once you pass the 50,000 mile warranty they apparently do not keep track any more at that point. Not sure I buy, you would think they would want to know everything about that after being the second one in the car and I am not the only one that has had this issue. I think they just dont want you comparing notes so you can not go back at them for a faulty part. I got a two year 24000 mile warranty so it will actually be about 1 1/2 warranty. Probably will start to look for the replacement soon. They gave us a new C300 to drive while it was being worked on and I must say that I really don't like the stop start feature. It is not very smooth when it restarts. I also didn't like sitting at a stop light with the engine off, just a weird feeling. I turned that off after a couple of lights. I would just get rid of that feature and reduce the cost on the car. I can not imagine this saves much fuel.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Title is a bit misleading. They have no obligation to cover the costs of an out of warranty repair and call center service is usually the same crappy service no matter where you go.

I understand how you must feel, and I think it would be prudent to repair the transmission at cost to the dealership, but if you are out of warranty you are on your own.

Isn't there a warranty on repairs/parts. Or has this expired as well?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:33 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
Although mine is a 2013, I have had several minor warranty claims and dealers in MA and FL were very helpful. My second issue resolved a flaw in the rear bumper finish. The FL service manager initially balked, claiming that it was a problem that I caused. He called in Mercedes regional, who authorized the repairs, which were then completed without hesitation to my complete satisfaction.

Regarding the start/stop feature, there is a button to disable if you don't like it. My Porsche has the feature also, and the Mercedes operates much more seamlessly. As the 2013 probably costs less new than the 2010 did, I don't think that eliminating the feature necessarily results in much savings. 2013 fuel economy is also considerably better than on early models so I believe that this feature does result in better gas mileage.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:27 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
It's kinda pain to go through 2 transmissions and have to pay out of your pocket.

But also shows that MB dealer is willing to working with you to give you some discount.

At least you have your GLK fixed now. Enjoy it for sometimes then think about trade it in for something else if you do not like it.