GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Ordered My GLK 250 US spec today drove German version

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
280se
Ordered My GLK 250 US spec today drove German version

I am Military in Germany when they announced the GLK250 I put a deposit down. After driving the Gas the Military US Spec dealer arranged a drive in a German one so we were loaned a Glk 220 which is I believe the same displacement, just less Output

WOW no hesitation, Internally in the more economical trasmission setting you can tell it is a Diesel (Barely)

I was amazed at that 120 MPH it still had some left. I/We drove it for 3 hours in Snow on Wet roads, Autobahn and Back roads including hard cornering and flogging it through the corners. Carefully measured Mileage and for how fast and hard I drove I got 27 MPG after conversion so it will be thrifty to drive

You will love this Vehicle Torque makes up for any power loss and I had no problem on the Autobahn. the paddles were great ) My daily driver is a Porsche 993 so I have some experience with handling. Eco mode was a non issue and unless you opened the door you could not discern it a diesel.

Since May were the first allocations I elected to wait for a 2014 pickup in Stuttgart to get the 2014 they guaranteed the same Price

All 250s are 4 matic so the price surprised
Ordered Steel Grey/ Grey Blk MB tex, light package, Sunroof if available separately, Heated seats, Pre-wiring for Becker and a trailer hitch. Thought about parking sensors however wife did not like the systems.

Military Price above was <$37K somewhat under european delivery invoice
I get 4 year MB warranty but no free shipping.

Vehicle is a steal

I drove the 350 gas next and actually preferred the torque of the Diesel

hope it helps