GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Polishing center console???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 02:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Polishing center console???

ive been pondering the idea of polishing the glossy black plastic on the center console of my 2010 GLK for a couple of days now...

...like a polish and a final wax...(something along those lines)...but since its not paint (or I think its not), has anyone here done something like that?

I also have a Martin & Co. guitar polish spray that works great on mostly all painted surfaces, if this might work (for any of you guitar players out there)...

theres hardly any scratches... I would just like to bring back the luster of it and I don't want to try anything stupid like compounds or abrasives that will otherwise scratch the surface.

Last edited by erlomd; 04-04-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 141 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by erlomd
ive been pondering the idea of polishing the glossy black plastic on the center console of my 2010 GLK for a couple of days now...

...like a polish and a final wax...(something along those lines)...but since its not paint (or I think its not), has anyone here done something like that?

I also have a Martin & Co. guitar polish spray that works great on mostly all painted surfaces, if this might work (for any of you guitar players out there)...

theres hardly any scratches... I would just like to bring back the luster of it and I don't want to try anything stupid like compounds or abrasives that will otherwise scratch the surface.
You can polish it. Done it a lot of times.Just make sure it is not too abrasive and only apply very small amount and do only a 2"x2" area each time. Tape the othe plastic parts before you do this as you don't want to rub the chemical on other surfaces.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
You can polish it. Done it a lot of times.Just make sure it is not too abrasive and only apply very small amount and do only a 2"x2" area each time. Tape the othe plastic parts before you do this as you don't want to rub the chemical on other surfaces.
thanks, thats all I needed to hear
Old 04-05-2013, 09:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Red GLK350, blue '87 Toyota Land Cruiser
A long time ago I had a 19' blue metalflake Checkmate boat that I'd usually give a quick wax job with Pledge. Worked fine but the lemon smell attracted bees.