GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Streaming Pandora Through iPod Integration Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 04:09 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Streaming Pandora Through iPod Integration Kit

So there has been a lot of question out there that ask if you can use the iphone 5 to stream pandora and your personal music with the basic MB iPod integration kit that is controlled through the steering wheel only.

well the simple answer is yes you can

All you need is the lightning-to-30pin adaptor

this is all you need...there have been statements in the past that say that this will only work if you delete all your songs on your iPhone, but that just isn't the case as you can see in this video I made.

BTW, this is not limited to pandora and your own stored music...you can use a number of other "pandora like" apps for example: Tunein radio or iHeart radio...etc.

unfortunately, you cant charge the phone at the same time...but you cant do that either for the iPhone 4 or 4S...(I tried it on my mother in laws iphone 4 directly connected to the 30pin obviously) i don't know if it will charge the original iPhone or the iPhone 3G...I remember along time ago, when I had the original iPhone, that most aftermarket chargers would charge the phone...but that somehow changed when they came out with the iPhone 3G...(I think due to voltage variations in aftermarket chargers that would burn up the phone)

anyway...check this video out, and let me know what you think...Im sorry in advance for the jerky movements...but I was holding and recording with my iPhone 5 with one hand and doing everything else with the other...the iPhone 5 plugged in is my wife's phone...

Last edited by erlomd; 05-17-2013 at 04:15 AM.