GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

European Delivery USA GLK250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
With interest, I don't have any problem posting all. just don't want to bore everyone. I'll keep it all in the thread if there are any questions or opinions requested.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rental car
Originally Posted by sandieg
I'm in the process of planning European Delivery of GLK 250 / probably not until Spring of 2014. Wondering if there are recommendations for drop off city. I've figured out that I will be best doing it somewhere in Germany. Other than that is one city safer/better for the car than another?
Bremerhaven is the port where my car came in when I moved to Germany and shipped my car from the US.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
Yeah, that's where all are shipped. Think I mistakenly said Bremen earlier.

The first one was shipped out of Brussels, but that was years ago and turned in in Paris. The last one I turned in at Paris a couple of years ago also shipped form Bremerhaven.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK250
Positive Experience with recent purchase GLK250BT

I took delivery of 2014 MB GLK250BT (diesel) in February2014 & found that it was not difficult to configure /order from my local MB dealer the exact vehicle I desired.I was given exact dates start to finish including Port of Entry (Baltimore) Configure time until delivery to dealership.
The experience was a non-pressure sale ordering exactly those options I wanted....
Later decisions can be made as to continuing after 6months introductory offers concerning SiriusXM Radio
My purchase was not a term ( Stripped Model)- Vehicle is pre-wired & if a decision is made later I could purchase a Current Map Navigation system option,later.
I am extremely happy with mileage numbers city/highway/mixed
Clean diesel is the way to go...I have also used Biodiesel ( that is allowed by Mercedes Benz in B5 rating...did not smell french fries...

Most of the vehicles on the lot were MB GLK350 (gasoline) & were loaded with Lane Tracking Packages enhanced upgrades " to each is own "
Old 05-22-2014, 11:53 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
glk
Originally Posted by HONDO250
I am extremely happy with mileage numbers city/highway/mixed
Clean diesel is the way to go...I have also used Biodiesel ( that is allowed by Mercedes Benz in B5 rating...did not smell french fries...

Could you tell us more about your experience with biodiesel. I'm assuming ppl go with biodiesel because its cheaper for them to make themselves or you purchase from a small company who can make it cheap.

How can you ensure its up to spec to avoid any engine damage?
Old 05-23-2014, 04:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK250
Response to inquiry concerning Biodiesel for MB250BT

Before I decided to use a Biodiesel product B5, I reviewed the specification of the approved by Mercedes Benz concerning biodiesel, the station I believe was a Hess Station...the specification stated a mix of ultra low sulfur diesel with reformulated biological source.I proceeded with some caution before I pumped this petroleum product. Labeling at pump was done in due coarse
The cost break was minor, at the time my decision was environmental.There were options available ,choice .
There is always a chance despite any Name Brand Petroleum Product a bad batch is delivered to a station.As I remembered there was a Weights &Measure Sticker from the State of Pennsylvania on the pump.Was not a "Home Brew"
This is my best answer concerning Biodiesel question