Fleet discount during negotiations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK250
Fleet discount during negotiations

Hi,
For people who have used the fleet discount, when did you bring it up in negotiations? Did you have to tell the salesman at the beginning, or do you hash out a price and then let me be know, "oh yeah-I have a fleet discount to use"?
I heard that if you tell them ahead of time, then they'll build it into the negotiation, but since MB is paying the dealer back, it shouldn't matter all that much if you hold out and let it fly after you've negotiated a price.
Thoughts?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:26 AM

2013 GLK350
Definitely don't mention it until you have a negotiated price. I made the mistake of throwing out my corporate discount and I can't help but feel I could have still gotten a slightly better deal. You lose some leverage by putting all your cards on the table. From the perspective of the dealer, that's $2k extra in your pocket that you're more willing to give up because you don't actually "own" it.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:27 AM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
glk
Sometimes MBUSA have incentives for dealers. For example, now they have a summer incentive for instock models. ALL quotes I've got include this. When I try to add fleet after the quite they say they can't combine.. so you're kinda stuck.

For a 2014 order, you shouldn't run into this issue I guess.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:12 AM

2014 GLK250 in Mars Red
It depends on your dealer I guess. I went into the dealer and started talking price and they said they do a special with Fleet discounts as you get a certain percent off MSRP then fleet discount on top of that so it comes under invoice supposedly before TT&L and dealer fees. I thought it was reasonable once we went through the numbers estimating 2014 base price being $500 more. The pricing they do is the same for on lot and new so I decided to order what we wanted in a 2014. Will be getting a red 2014 GLK250 at the end of September I believe. Really wish I could get a factory 2" hitch on the GLK. This will be my first Mercedes, and new car for that matter, hope it will last 10 years without issues.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:45 AM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
glk
Originally Posted by Herushan
It depends on your dealer I guess. I went into the dealer and started talking price and they said they do a special with Fleet discounts as you get a certain percent off MSRP then fleet discount on top of that so it comes under invoice supposedly before TT&L and dealer fees. I thought it was reasonable once we went through the numbers estimating 2014 base price being $500 more. The pricing they do is the same for on lot and new so I decided to order what we wanted in a 2014. Will be getting a red 2014 GLK250 at the end of September I believe. Really wish I could get a factory 2" hitch on the GLK. This will be my first Mercedes, and new car for that matter, hope it will last 10 years without issues.
Did your dealer mention anything about the fleet not applying to 2014? see link
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/fleet...rview?src=4054 (click current incentives). My dealer wouldn't accept the fleet until MBUSA updated it for 2014 GLK.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 AM

2014 GLK250 in Mars Red
Originally Posted by bugelrex
Did your dealer mention anything about the fleet not applying to 2014? see link
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/fleet...rview?src=4054 (click current incentives). My dealer wouldn't accept the fleet until MBUSA updated it for 2014 GLK.
My dealer did not say anything so maybe I will just get the updated fleet discount for 2014 I guess I will know when my vehicle gets here and I go and pay for it?
Old 07-21-2013, 11:06 AM

2014 GLK250
Here's the link to the 2014 fleet discounts:

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/fleet...m/fep/overview