GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2013 GLK doors will not open from inside or outsid when unlocked

Old 07-16-2013, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5
2013 GLK doors will not open from inside or outsid when unlocked

I have an issue with a customers car. I own a vinyl company and i just wrapped a customers 2013 GLK 350. It has the smart key option, push buttom start, etc...

I took the door handles off the front and back doors to wrap the handles and the panels. I unplugged each handle and the key lock (drivers door only). I reinstalled the plugs and handles and open/closed them 6-7 times and everything was working great.

I got done with the vehicle, locked the doors overnight, unlocked the doors in the morning with the key fob and the driver's door wouldnt open (unlocked) back drivers side, back passenger side doors were also unable to be opened. I could however open the passenger door from the outside. I can then reach over and open the drivers door from the inside and then be able to open it from the outside.

I cannot open the back doors at all from either the inside or the outside of the vehicle when locked.

The trunk and gas door can open whenever I hit the unlock button.

Unlocking with the key fob or from the inside also will not allow me to open the doors.

It appears that whenever locking the car with either the key or the key fob sets something that will not allow me to open the doors.

The closest dealership is 2 hours away and they can't get me for another 10 days.

Any help/ideas will be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Kyle

Last edited by mkemsaykyl; 07-16-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 550
I have the same issue -- lock the car and then you can open the door and the alarm sounds. Close the door, the alarm stops but the lights continue flashing. I suspect to let you know that you have failed to lock the car but fortunately the alarm sounded.

Ran down the battery once after it stayed like that overnight.