GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Bluetooth Audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2013 | 09:46 AM

2010 GLK350
Bluetooth Audio

I have a 2010 GLK350 with the factory ipod cable in the glovebox. It, unfortunately, didn't come with an auxiliary cable in the glovebox. I would like to be able to listen to my android phone via bluetooth. I don't care if it can be controlled with the steering wheel controls. I just want the audio to work.

Has anyone found a bluetooth ipod audio adapter that actually works with the factory ipod connection?

I purchased this bluetooth adapter and couldn't get it to power on via the factory ipod cable. To verify that it wasn't defective, I plugged it into my home stereo iphone dock and had audio streaming from my android phone in seconds.

After some research, I purchased this 5v charging adapter. With this, I managed to get the bluetooth adapter to power up and sync to my phone but couldn't get any audio to play over my car stereo. I hooked a friends itouch up to the factory ipod cable and got that working with the 5v adapter but couldn't get the itouch to play over bluetooth.

So, if anyone has managed to get this working, please tell me specifically what bluetooth adapter you purchased.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2013 | 12:00 AM

2014 GLK 250
I can tell you that the iPod connection in the car uses USB Audio and digital connection, so if the adapter you bought uses analog audio, it won't work in the car.

You might be better off just buying the Mercedes AUX cable and going that route...

I'm not sure about the 2010, but the 2014 GLK allows Bluetooth Audio and streams just fine from Android.
Old 10-11-2013 | 11:48 AM

SLK 350 2013
Sorry for my ignorance, but why don't you simply pair your android phone with the Audio 20 system and then play off of the phone?