GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Quickly switch between satellite radio and bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013 | 10:49 AM

Pending
Quickly switch between satellite radio and bluetooth?

Hi all,

Just picked up a 2014 GLK-350 with the premium package 1 and the appearance package. The two things I almost ever listen to while in the car is my bluetooth streaming audio and satellite radio. Is there any easy way to quickly switch between these two? I can't seem to find an easy way other than using the knob to select the audio source then scrolling down.

Thank you
RN
Old 10-14-2013 | 12:09 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Yes. Use the RADIO and DISC buttons on the dash instead of the COMAND knob. Each one will remember which function you were on the last time you used it, so RADIO will always go back to your satellite and DISC will always go back to your Bluetooth.

Each button also cycles through all the options for that "type." If you're already listening to satellite and press RADIO again, it will cycle through FM, AM, and weatherband before coming back to satellite. DISC will cycle through your CD, iPod interface, media card, Bluetooth and whatever else is grouped under DISC, subject of course to the options actually installed in your vehicle. Like I said, though, if you're listening to the radio and press DISC, it will go back to whatever DISC function you were last listening to and vice versa.

If you have voice control, you can use that to jump directly to different audio sources, but you didn't mention Multimedia package so I'm assuming you don't have voice control.
Old 10-14-2013 | 09:38 PM

Pending
That works perfectly, thank you!
Old 10-15-2013 | 09:32 AM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
You're welcome. The COMAND knob is nice and does make some things easier but it also makes some other things more difficult.
Old 10-15-2013 | 04:41 PM

350 GLK, C280
Just push the talk button and say the word ie. Radio CD or FM, AM or SAT. The voice feature is very good on the GLK. No need to even touch the radio itself. For all the voice commands see the manual.