GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

MSRP, incentives/rebates.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013 | 12:07 PM

2014 GLK250
MSRP, incentives/rebates.

1)

I am about to sign paper for a new GLK250.
It is a pricey, but truly beautiful car. And I am trying todo complete homework in order to get all desired options for the best pricepossible.
I tried to find any information concerning the prices fornew GLK250.
Incentives? Rebates? Discounts by dealers?
How much customers paid?
To my understanding incentives and rebates are changingevery calendar month.
It looks like that all this information is off-limits.
Why such information cannot be shared?
Surely it will help many.

For example:
Toronto, October 10th, 2012, GLK250, Premiumpackage, trailer, Financing for 5 years, 1.9%, first 3 payments were waived ($2250).
Total price (excluding taxes): $45.000.

Perhaps, it can be within one thread “Signed deals”.

2)
Also, I was told by a dealer that if I will order GLK andwill have to wait for 12 weeks to build/ship/prepare it, then after 12 weeksthere will a whole new incentives and rebates and I may not get what was beforewhen I sign papers.
Hmm… It doesn’t sound right. Almost like a gamble. Dealerright away correct me that “usually” there are same rebates. But don’t likesuch uncertainty.
I wonder if anybody came across or aware of such issues?
Old 10-14-2013 | 12:14 PM

2014 GLK250
btw, so far the best price I able to negotiate is MSRP - 6.34% (this includes all incentives and rebates by MBCanada).
Old 10-14-2013 | 12:37 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Originally Posted by ninfru
Incentives? Rebates? Discounts by dealers?
The only incentive I am aware of on the GLK250 right now is the Loyalty Accelerator if you are a current Mercedes-Benz lessee and want to get out of your current lease a few months early to buy a new GLK. That's in the US, I don't know if they do that in Canada.

Discounts by dealers depend entirely on the dealer and the area market. The discount I got is not necessarily what you will get in a completely different country, or even in a bordering state. Even within my area, I had one dealer tell me that they would absolutely not discount a GLK250 more than 3% while another dealer immediately offered a double-digit percentage off.

To my understanding incentives and rebates are changingevery calendar month.
Essentially true. Promotional offer periods run for roughly a month, though not necessarily from exactly the 1st to exactly the 30th/31st. They won't end a promo period in the middle of a weekend, for example. They often like to end them on Mondays.

Also, I was told by a dealer that if I will order GLK andwill have to wait for 12 weeks to build/ship/prepare it, then after 12 weeksthere will a whole new incentives and rebates and I may not get what was beforewhen I sign papers.
Also true. You get whatever incentives are available at the time of delivery, not at the time of order. You can absolutely negotiate a price with the dealer at the time of order (and you should!) but it will not include incentives. It will be the worst-case scenario assuming no incentives and then the price may get better if there are incentives at delivery.

Hmm… It doesn’t sound right. Almost like a gamble. Dealerright away correct me that “usually” there are same rebates. But don’t likesuch uncertainty.
Not necessarily true. Incentives might stay the same for two consecutive months (such as the Winter Sales Event in November and December) but typically they don't stay the same long enough for you to order a car from the factory and take delivery before the incentives change. The incentives might actually get better than what's available when you order, but they could also get worse.
Old 10-14-2013 | 01:03 PM

2014 GLK250
Originally Posted by balticgreen
Also true. You get whatever incentives are available at the time of delivery, not at the time of order. You can absolutely negotiate a price with the dealer at the time of order (and you should!) but it will not include incentives. It will be the worst-case scenario assuming no incentives and then the price may get better if there are incentives at delivery.
If I am not lucky and incentives/rebates will change unfavorably, then can I cancel the deal? I will be pushing the dealer to give me assurance for a price. I least I will try...
Old 10-14-2013 | 01:28 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Originally Posted by ninfru
If I am not lucky and incentives/rebates will change unfavorably, then can I cancel the deal? I will be pushing the dealer to give me assurance for a price. I least I will try...
Sure, you have the option to walk away from it. They can't force you to buy it. However, you might lose any deposit that you made if the dealership kept their end of the deal but you decided not to purchase. That depends on the dealership, any laws in your area regarding deposits, and possibly even the configuration you order if there are concerns about its salability to someone other than you.

Personally, I have ordered three Benzes and none of them required a deposit at all. I would definitely never order a car with a nonrefundable deposit and after my third order, if the dealership suddenly required even a refundable deposit, that would be a turn off to me.
Old 10-14-2013 | 01:47 PM

2014 GLK250
Wow! Thanks a lot. I guess I should stand my ground. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Old 10-14-2013 | 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Yes - for every auto manufacturer "incentives" are based on month/date of delivery:

For your scenario for Canada based on October 10th, 2012:

1) 1.9% 60 month financing - that's a great legitimate rate - especially compared to long term mortgage rates 1.9% is a steal isn't it ?
2) first 3 payments were waived ($2250) - which is great - "pays you back" a good part of your down payment contribution - right ?
3) something like 6% discount from MSRP - that's the right ball park, isn't it ?

I am not trying to box you here - but if it's the GLK Mercedes that fits you - and you have at least 2 very positive points - rate + waiver and the 3rd point is in the ballpark - what is holding you back from good-to-go ?

You might consider moving forward with excitement and enthusiasm - and frankly there is LOT to love in the GLK250BT - it's a whole lot of fun to drive ?