GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2011 GLK350 bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
2011 GLK350 bluetooth

I have a 2011 GLK350 with the ipod connector and DON'T have the the navigation system. So, it doesn't have PCMIA slots and if it has USB in the glovebox, I haven' t been able to locate it. Has anyone found a solution for getting bluetooth set up to stream music? I have a Samsung Note 2, not an iPphone. Yet, will be upgrading to a iPhone in the next year. So, really interested to read what other people have done. I've been on a search for over a year for a viable solution to lack of streaming bluetooth. I called MB dealership and my car isn't compatible for a MIP. They only offered me an external bluetooth speaker and microphone option which clips to the sunvisor.

I do have an OLD ipod with OLD muisc, but I don't buy music online any more preferring to listen to streaming radio. It just seems so antiquated especially with the newer iPods having fancy touch screens.

At this point, I'm just considering selling the car and getting an American or Japanese vehicle which has better bluetooth capabilities.I sit in traffic a lot and really don't like the radio with all the advertisements and morning talk instead of music. It's a shame. My first luxury vehicle, but kind of pitiful when your friends bought cars the same year and can listen to pandora in their car.

~Andrea
Old 11-04-2013, 07:16 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
With that USB connection, if you can find it in the glovebox, you can use a Blue Tooth dongle. That should enable streaming from your phone. Believe I got mine from Newegg for about $30 best I recall.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,103 Likes on 808 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Correct - add Bluetooth audio receiver playing into aux "mini headphone jac" powered by 12V cig/port power adapter... like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scosche-Bluelife-Wireless-System-Bluetooth-Mp3-Player-Cell-Phone-Car-Kit-/111115209802?pt=US_Bluetooth_Handsfree_Car_Kits&hash=item19defb8c4a
Old 11-05-2013, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
I'll definatly try the dongle. To clarify, I already have bluetooth in the car and can receive handsfree calls on an iphone 4 and samsung note. I've tried a few bluetooth options which attach to the iPOD connector (old style,not Lightening connector) which haven't worked for paring with samsung. I haven't tried paring it with an iphone. One was Coolstream. The other was Patuosun Bluetooth A2DP.

When I had the old iphone I could listen to my audio notes over the speakers, but it didn't play any of my purchased mp4/mp3 music or Pandora over the car speakers.

I did find the AUX, it was located below the Ipod cable. I always thought it was a screw. I had to get a flash light.

Looking for more options, so please keep them coming.