GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Need opinions -- dealer run around

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2014 | 10:47 PM

2014 GLK350
Need opinions -- dealer run around

custom ordered a GLK 14 in Nov. arrived at VPC 2 weeks ago. all other vehicles arrived at dealer next day. mine is being delayed because "they cannot get a truck". I Am very close to just canceling the order -- and the sales guy seems completely amenable to this thoughts? wht would the car be sitting there for 2 weeks?
Old 02-10-2014 | 11:58 PM

2004.7 C180 Kompressor, BMW X5, Chevrolet Camaro LT, Mercedes S, Cesna 152.
Ask for clarification in writing, if that is refused, cancel order.
Old 02-11-2014 | 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Many ports and transport out of ports is backed up due to weather - and/or your PO was not correctly marked Priority 1 customer sold unit - dealer can notify Mercedes Area by PO# - they flag it - may or may not help - MB dealer's do not have access to VPC/transport release.
Old 02-11-2014 | 07:55 AM

GLK250 BlueTec- 2014
My dealer = seems worse than YOURS

hi MikeDr;
I can relate to your frustration(s).

Like someone else suggested - do all correspondences via EMAIL(s) if you can. That's what I did and it helped a WHOLE LOT as ALL DEALERS or my 20th MB purchases - they are just like any other= (silly & SLIME shark like!!) Good for me I did even the first contact via email - so helped me lots when I got NO RESPONSE to my "order status" for close to 6 weeks

I sent a registered letter saying die to NO ANSWERS = order is considered cancelled. SO then everyone - including the OWNER PRINCIPLE of the MB dealer &MB USA called me everyday !!
WEIRD and very frustrating as my car was sitting on DOCK with PO#1 and even MB USA couldn't understand the dealers slack... which related to ME Pushing for Several '000$ discount @ Delivery! got them !!

hope this help. Good luck

Originally Posted by mikedr
custom ordered a GLK 14 in Nov. arrived at VPC 2 weeks ago. all other vehicles arrived at dealer next day. mine is being delayed because "they cannot get a truck". I Am very close to just canceling the order -- and the sales guy seems completely amenable to this thoughts? wht would the car be sitting there for 2 weeks?