GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Driver Side Headlight is out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Driver Side Headlight is out?

Lets just start off by saying that this is not an issue with the light bulb...
I painstaikinly was able to remove the drivers side light bulb and as I inspected it, nothing seemed to scream out that it was burnt out...the filaments were perfect...but I replaced it anyway with a new bulb...and nothing!
Again, maybe that bulb was a dud...so I got another bulb...and again, Nothing!!!

Anyone here have a similar issue? all the other lights work fine...Im just going to have the dealer replace the bulb and see what they think...

maybe the fuse? but I would think both headlights would not work?
Old 03-04-2015, 11:44 AM

Received 93 Likes on 82 Posts
yes
Originally Posted by erlomd
Lets just start off by saying that this is not an issue with the light bulb...
I painstaikinly was able to remove the drivers side light bulb and as I inspected it, nothing seemed to scream out that it was burnt out...the filaments were perfect...but I replaced it anyway with a new bulb...and nothing!
Again, maybe that bulb was a dud...so I got another bulb...and again, Nothing!!!

Anyone here have a similar issue? all the other lights work fine...Im just going to have the dealer replace the bulb and see what they think...

maybe the fuse? but I would think both headlights would not work?

Headlights are not being powered by the same wires/fuses as all the other lights so just because other lights are working doesn't tell you much. Just get some wires and check the headlamp bulb via a 12 volt source like the car battery. You don't need a dealer for that.

In your first sentence you write: "Lets just start off by saying that this is not an issue with the light bulb..." Then you write: "Im just going to have the dealer replace the bulb and see what they think..." Your reasoning is hard to follow/understand.

By law, headlights cannot be run from the same fuse (and therefore not from all of the same/common wiring). Think about it.... there's a reason for that.

Do you have an owner's manual? If not, you should buy one from the dealer and then you can become familiar with the fuses you have and their location. There are a lot of them and not all in the same location.

Last edited by MBKLUE; 03-04-2015 at 11:49 AM.