GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Help finding tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 12:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4Matic
Help finding tires

I've decided I really want a set of Nokian Wrg2 tires on my 2013 GLK, but i cant find them in the proper size (235 50R19). Actually, I can't seem to find any well-reviewed, winter-biased all season tires in this size. I'm not willing to swap out these rims for 17's, and i dont want dedicated snow tires. I live in Denver, and this past winter I only drove in conditions where i wished i had better winter tires 5 or 6 times. It's not worth two sets of tires on two sets of rims. Does anyone know where i can find the Wrg2 tires in this size, or a similar tire that is an all season tire that does well in snow? I appreciate any and all guidance on 19 inch all season tires that dont turn to useless hockey pucks in the cold like my Oem continentals do (kidding, the glk does pretty well as is in the snow, but i would like something better). Thanks in advance!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 GLK250 Bluetec
Originally Posted by sethro1980
I've decided I really want a set of Nokian Wrg2 tires on my 2013 GLK, but i cant find them in the proper size (235 50R19). Actually, I can't seem to find any well-reviewed, winter-biased all season tires in this size. I'm not willing to swap out these rims for 17's, and i dont want dedicated snow tires. I live in Denver, and this past winter I only drove in conditions where i wished i had better winter tires 5 or 6 times. It's not worth two sets of tires on two sets of rims. Does anyone know where i can find the Wrg2 tires in this size, or a similar tire that is an all season tire that does well in snow? I appreciate any and all guidance on 19 inch all season tires that dont turn to useless hockey pucks in the cold like my Oem continentals do (kidding, the glk does pretty well as is in the snow, but i would like something better). Thanks in advance!
I'd think you could easily search tirerack based on the size - and see just about every brand and type for the specific size rather than by vehicle.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Tires that are truly better in snow will wear out very quickly on dry pavement and become closer to all-seasons.

Also, in warmer temps the good snow tires will become very noisy, will squeal in every turn, and wear out quickly.

Also, better snow tires have higher sidewall and hence are on 17 inch rims.

So unless you drive exclusively on snow in winter, you should get two sets of rims/tires. It will cost you less in long run and will provide better grip all year round.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:06 PM
tn1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GLk 250
It is not available in that size in the WRG2. Plus I think the load rating for the WRG2 is too low for the GLK.

Nokian has a WRG3 SUV tire but it is also not available in the 235/50/19 size.

The sizes for 17" and 18" wheels that fit the GLK are available.