GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2013 GLK250 CPO Value

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK250
2013 GLK250 CPO Value

I just recently purchased a 2013 GLK250 CPO and impressed with all the features and ride quality. I think it's is a great time to get into a GLK with the upcoming GLC lowering the value of CPO GLKs.

Here is a quick review of the GLK250
Engine: Quiet and loads of torque and power. Love the MPG and the acceleration. Diesel price is ~3/Gal and it's a great combination of power/mpg/cost. Comparative to electric and hybrids that come with higher depreciation, maintenance, range and power

4matic: Great traction and feels very stable at high speeds, slippery and muddy roads

Lighting Package Bi Xenon: A must have and the light output is amazing. Also really makes it stand out at night

Lane Assist and Blind Spot: Its like have a surround radar that is passive and nonintrusive while driving. The yellow to red to beeping really helps while driving in the city/highway.

Parktronic: The parking sensors are cool and helps. I find it useful in the city and parking in tight spaces.

Multimedia/Navigation: Takes some time to get used to it. But once you get it setup to common POIs and places. It's convenient and decent enough.

AMG Sports Package: Purely Aesthetics. It does make it look more masculine than the mazda like "smile" front grille.

Designo Diamond White: Looks sharper than polar white and shimmer at night is stunning.

Premium Package: Panorama roof makes the interior feel more airy and open and pushbutton truck is a more elegant solution than physical open/close.

Keyless Go: Why not!

Heated Seats: nice to have but not a must have.

Trailer Hitch: Sure. Will come in handy.

Dash info and command screen: Its directly accessible to the field of vision. I feel like it's like a notification screen on my iPhone/Macbook. It allows you do do quick simple commands without having to dive too dive into many drop down menus and commands.

Ash/Black trim: Matches well with the Designo White without having to have a dark interior with the right about of black trim. I think it looks better than the warmer Burl Walnut/Diamond White.

Ride Quality: I feel connected to the road but not so much that I feel all the potholes and cracks on the road. Rolls over nicely while jawing the passengers.
Roadnoise and sound deaden is effective. I feel relaxed going down highways and stop and go traffic.

The only option I didn't get was the harmon kardon, running boards or distronic plus

Annoying elements
Rear seats are reasonable but 1-2" could help. For kids and as a 2nd car, I don't really mind. The entry and egress is narrow which makes it feel smaller than it actually is. Certainly better than the GLA or the C-class in terms of rear seating and storage. It could work if the backseat can recline.

Climate Control is too low. Not as accessible while driving

USB/Iphone ports in the armrest. Could have a design a more elegant solution than having a cable hang out to charge phone and then to a smartphone holder.

Storage: I wish there were more storage cubbies or places to put stuff.

Door Pins: Whatevers

Rear truck: Decent enough

Front Seats/Driving Position: Great height, viewing angle and steering wheel angle. Spacious and seats are adjustable. I do wish there were more lateral support. I slide a bit out of the seat on speedy turns and exits.

Conclusion
Value: ~30 - $35K for a 2 year old CPO with less than 17K mile fully loaded is a bang for the buck. Comparative you could get a new japanese import for the same price. But there is no other car that give you 200hp/369lbs-ft + 35mpg. Most of them are pretty anemic and lack character in the design. As well most lack the driving dynamics, 4 wheel drive and sound deadening in a compact size. Truly, I think GLK250 is a very unique car that has all the right combination of features and cost.

The best value are the fully loaded CPOs, you can get all the options at 30-40% depreciation value. A 2013 GLK has the same features vs 2015 except you it a huge discount. It is however very rare to find a fully loaded GLK250 at a great discount. Most dealers are not giving enough discount for a GLK250, which makes a new car lease more attractive. There deeper discounts for the GLK350 than their is for GLk250.

Credit Union used auto loans are ~2% and interest rates are low to finance compared to the new lease rates at MSRP or even a financed discounted new MB.

Anyways, I am very happy with the GLK250 because it hits most of the checklist without a lot of compromise. Even most so is the current depreciation of GLK with the impending GLC release.

Last edited by Advan Yokko; 08-19-2015 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz GLK250
Wow it sounds like you hit a great deal on your 2013 GLK250. I got my '13 exactly one year ago. It does not have as many options as you got. The Designo Diamond White, Trailer Hitch,
Parktronic, and Lane Assist and Blind Spot were all features that I did not get. I paid $39k for mine with 7300 miles and NOT a CPO. But it was an Executive Demo. Good Luck with your new ride!

2013 GLK250

Last edited by rick8560; 08-24-2015 at 08:40 PM.