GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

COMAND HELP!! 2010 GLK 350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK 350
COMAND HELP!! 2010 GLK 350

Got in my car this morning and my radio etc. will not work. Replaced #26 fuse and checked all other fuses. Fuses are good, replaced #26 with new 20A fuse just to be safe. Also removed negative cable from battery, did the "hold the on button for 15 seconds" trick and to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I hate the thought of having to bring it to the stealership.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:35 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
Does your radio not work or is it just the screen does not show anything? Check the screen between the speedo and tack. If it works, and you can hear the radio, your screen failed to boot. You must turn off the car and leave it with the doors closed for 10 minutes and then try again. Sometimes the screen will boot up incorrectly. It will keep the system up for about 10 minutes with internal power before it will totally power down and reboot. The nav system starts when the driver door is open so you must turn off the key, remove it, get out and close the doors. Go get a coffee and wait 10 minutes. If the boot was the problem, the Screen should reboot correctly. Happens to me once or twice a year.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:01 AM

2010 GLK 350
No it is the entire Comand system. The screen on the dash between the speedo & tach works fine. The radio does not come on at all. It is a base model GLK350 without navigation.

Originally Posted by bop11
Does your radio not work or is it just the screen does not show anything? Check the screen between the speedo and tack. If it works, and you can hear the radio, your screen failed to boot. You must turn off the car and leave it with the doors closed for 10 minutes and then try again. Sometimes the screen will boot up incorrectly. It will keep the system up for about 10 minutes with internal power before it will totally power down and reboot. The nav system starts when the driver door is open so you must turn off the key, remove it, get out and close the doors. Go get a coffee and wait 10 minutes. If the boot was the problem, the Screen should reboot correctly. Happens to me once or twice a year.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:15 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 GLE300d 4Matic
You might want to find a local Mercedes trained mechanic and cultivate a relationship. Some things are beyond our skills and the thought of a dealership brings up cost horrors. I found a mechanic I liked who worked at a dealership for years. It's nice to talk to the person who worked on your car and not just a service writer and cashier. I found it's about half the price.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:27 AM

2004 ML 350, 2010 GLK 350
Hi. I realize this post was from last year, but in reading through, I have the exact same problem with my 2010 GLK. The screen and radio are dead. The fuses appear to be fine. I wonder if you managed to fix your problem and what the issue was? Any help appreciated. Thanks!