Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GLK350 AMG package
GLK360 Harman Kardon sub adjustment

^ GLK350, not 360 as thread title. fat finger mistake

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I have the 2012 GLK350 that has the premium sound system by Harman Hardon. Actually pretty satisfied with the sound system, however I was wondering if there was a gain adjustment possible for the rear sub, which is under the spare tire.

I saw where the amp is, I was not able to see any gain adjuster. On the display, there is only a fade front-rear, a treble / bass, and surround on or off. No specific gain adjustment for the sub, and no EQ.

Anyone has any ideas ?

Thanks

Last edited by Benz_Bougie; 03-26-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 SL55
Originally Posted by Benz_Bougie

Hi All,

I have the 2012 GLK350 that has the premium sound system by Harman Hardon. Actually pretty satisfied with the sound system, however I was wondering if there was a gain adjustment possible for the rear sub, which is under the spare tire.

I saw where the amp is, I was not able to see any gain adjuster. On the display, there is only a fade front-rear, a treble / bass, and surround on or off. No specific gain adjustment for the sub, and no EQ.

Anyone has any ideas ?

Thanks

I have never seen one on any benz I have owned, however you can always go to any audio shop and have one installed for not too much $. Worth it if you want to keep the stock system.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:20 PM

2012 GLK350 AMG package
thanks Amir. there is one on mine, it's especially 'strange shape' custom made by HK .. just the volume or punch from it is not that noticeable, at least not enough in my opinion. So not trying to add one (or 2), just trying to "up" the volume on the one that's there
Old 03-26-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2013 GLK 350 4Matic

Hi All,

Anyone has any ideas ?

Thanks

I don't remember if there is a specific adjustment for subwoofer gain in the engineering menu, but it's worth a look. If you search this forum for "Engineering Menu" you can see the key combinations to enter it and what to do to make your changes stick.

There are adjustments for the standard audio system in one of the menus. Not sure about the HK system.

That's why you usually don't see EQs and exterior adjustments for audio on MB. They are meant to be accessed through the Engineering Menu.

Take your time and read the instructions carefully as you have lots of options to fine-tune many of the car's settings in this menu.
The following users liked this post:
Benz_Bougie (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 09:43 PM

2012 GLK350 AMG package
Thanks a lot ZZGlk, that's very helpful. Will have a look.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 SL55
I was was referring to a knob to adjust just the subwoofer, not the subwoofer itself. Many HK systems come with a sub, however there is nothing on the amp or sub to adjust the gain or boost the bass. You can get something to adjust the gain solely for your existing sub(add more bass)

thanks Amir. there is one on mine, it's especially 'strange shape' custom made by HK .. just the volume or punch from it is not that noticeable, at least not enough in my opinion. So not trying to add one (or 2), just trying to "up" the volume on the one that's there
Old 04-04-2017, 11:12 AM

2012 GLK350 AMG package
So I was in the engineering menu, and I couldn't see / understand whether there was a proper EQ or sub adjuster. I need to look further, and next time I'll take screen pics.