GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Dealer surveys - good, bad or indifferent.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 11:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 GLK 350 4matic, 2014 BMW M235i
Dealer surveys - good, bad or indifferent.

Do you ever feel pressured to return high marks for your dealer/servicer? I certainly do. They keep sending me reminders to not only complete their survey, but also pressure to give them high marks.

In the past, I've tried to be fair and objective, but this has come home to roost during my next service visit - almost confrontational: "Oh, I see that you weren't too happy with your last service visit."

I don't want "special treatment." I simply want to be treated like I hope they treat all of their valued customers. So on the one hand, I kind of appreciate the opportunity to register any complaints, should I have any. On the other hand, I do not appreciate the pressure to give high marks when they clearly don't deserve them.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:31 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2005 SL500, 2022 RX350, 2016 GLC300 4Matic(Sold), 2008 RX350 (sold), 2003 RX300(sold)
Originally Posted by 3.5L
Do you ever feel pressured to return high marks for your dealer/servicer? I certainly do. They keep sending me reminders to not only complete their survey, but also pressure to give them high marks.

In the past, I've tried to be fair and objective, but this has come home to roost during my next service visit - almost confrontational: "Oh, I see that you weren't too happy with your last service visit."

I don't want "special treatment." I simply want to be treated like I hope they treat all of their valued customers. So on the one hand, I kind of appreciate the opportunity to register any complaints, should I have any. On the other hand, I do not appreciate the pressure to give high marks when they clearly don't deserve them.
What a phony business this is!
While "honesty" may "appear" to be purpose of these surveys, it is not a "highly appreciated" virtue. You probably already have sensed that by continuous "demand" to rate at the highest level.
Will it ruin your relationship with the service provider is anybodies guess!
Old 04-17-2017, 03:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 GLK250
Blame JD Powers not the dealer. JD powers has figured out a way to make a fortune on this. Guess who is paying for all the new dealerships with theaters, billiard rooms, delis, etc. THE CONSUMER.

Someone should do an expose' on this.