GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Rear lights/ indicators and foglight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 06:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLK 250 Bluetec
Rear lights/ indicators and foglight

Our my-14 250 BT, US-model doesn't have the rear fog light(s), not even the switch is there. Front do exist, though. With switch.
In the near future our vehicle is going to end up in a country where the rear fog lamp is a must. One needed, on drivers side. Is the wiring and the bulb or place for it already there, if I find the switch from somewhere?
Or is the US-model rear light with out that rear fog option/possibility completely, and I might end up changing both rear light units ? $$$

Also a small possibilty that the red rear indicators on our GLK are not OK there, they should be orange... can the colour of indicators be changed by just re-programming ? As I heard a rumour in an Audi it can be done by programming?

Not sure yet if all is needed, but was warned about these two potential issues facing us eventually.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2009 GLK 220 cdi
I am pretty sure, your car does have rear fog light (in left or right tail light depends on country where you live)...the switch for fog light is actually in main switch for lights, you have to turn lights on and pull the switch little bit out...this is how I have this on my 2010 GLK...or the switch you think is for front fogs is actually for rear, thinking like this because glk models with led strips DRL don't have front fog lights)...
The following users liked this post:
eki912 (05-01-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 213 Likes on 195 Posts
2013 glk 350
My 2013 Glk US has a left light On , push switch. Try surrounding buttons. But your dealer will give the best info.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:32 AM

GLK 250 Bluetec
On the left side of the round switch I have one pushbutton for foglight. Still believe it is for front fogs.... gotta check it again. Maybe it is for rear afterall.

Also saw a similar switch on e-bay with 2 push buttons on left side. Interesting.
The double push button is similar, but one one is fir front fogs and the other for rear fog light.
Have to some investigations.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:28 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280

I didn't think the 2014 and newer have front fog lights. They have the LED bar so the switch is probably for the rear. The fronts were an option
The following users liked this post:
eki912 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 06:31 PM

GLK 250 Bluetec
You guys were right, I do have the rear fog light ! And just where it should be, at the lower part of left rear lamp unit !
And works from that separate push button, left side of round light switch, as was mentioned.
Also as was said here too, with the LED strips in front, no fogs there at all. Only at rear.
Which is just what I need ! Happy now.
While I was investigating the way the rear light work, got a bit puzzled with the brake/indicator combo. The rear lamp unit has 2 red areas, clearly visible. Only the top section is used, it works as brake and indicator, both red, naturally.
What is the lower red part then for ? Can even see the LEDs there ( I think... ) , but they don't serve any function at all.