2014 GLK 250BT with CEL on.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GLK 250, 2016 Volvo XC70, 2013 Jeep JK Sport
2014 GLK 250BT with CEL on.

Error Code: P261F Coolant Pump "A" Control Circuit Stuck On

I live about an hour away from the dealer and the other repair shop I have used. I have owned the GLK since new and its out of warranty now. Does anyone have any idea what this means or if its common in MB vehicles? I read its most likely the relay, not the actual coolant pump. The car is otherwise functioning normally.

I found this:
https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...pencer-clayton

If its the relay, what should I expect to pay to have it repaired? I do not particularly trust our local dealer to be straight-forward so trying to get as much info as I can without just blindly trusting what they tell me.

Thanks for any info.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 GLE300d 4Matic
You Feel Lucky?

You seem to be in a remote place. You can try throwing parts at it. Maybe you'll get lucky. There isn't someone qualified in your area? Sounds like the schlep to a mechanic you trust might be worth it if he's Mercedes certified. From the code thrown you might find that the relay is easy to replace - or not.
I suspect the dealer, if he's more local, might be OK and you won't be BS'd only because you can talk to the exact code. He's less likely to tell you the muffler bearing are bad or you need a wholesale replacement of 50 parts.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:12 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 GLE300d 4Matic
From your link it sounds like it could be a wiring issue too. A much easier check. If you found the pump and relay you can check the harness at that point for proper voltage showing up. It could be the relay as you suggested or the coolant punp. You could end up throwing a pump, a harness and the relay before the problem clears. You could try reseating the wire harness at the relay and the pump before you do anything else. That's free.