GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Nice to meet you. (new owner)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 04:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 GLK350
Nice to meet you. (new owner)

I just picked up my new to me 2015 GLK350. I have driven an FJ cruiser M/T for the past 6 years and I love that truck, but it was time for something with a little more comfort and less utility. I will have a thousand questions I'm sure.
The first I answered minutes ago as to if my bikes would fit in the cargo area. YES se pic of 26" MTB with 18" frame.
The next is service. How expensive is it really, and does it have to absolutely be done by MB dealer?
next up: how long do your brakes last? I feel this car is pretty heavy and it takes a toll with the smallish calipers.

Thats all i got for now. Please let me know if theres anything I should know specifically about this vehicle.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by gpcruiser; 03-24-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:41 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
Is it a CPO? How many miles?
You may want to think about a trailer hitch for your bikes and a rack such as the Thule 990X to save the inside of the GLK
Is service expensive Yes
Does it have to be done by MB No, but keep records.
Lots of posts on Brakes. Last from 20K to 60K or more depending on driving style and with what you replace the originals. Easy to replace both pads and rotors.
IF CPO, and you plan to drive lots of miles per year you may want to think about the extended unlimited mileage warranty. Lots of posts on that.
Tires last pretty well but many posts on changing to the Michelin for better winter traction over the Conti's if you have the Conti's.
Enjoy the ride.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:44 AM

2015 GLK350
Thanks for the reply. It is a CPO with warranty coverage to 2020. It has 36K on the odo. I could have got a few with less miles without MB certification. I was a little weary of the mileage, but ended up going with a little more piece of mind. Does anyone know if the roof rails (crossbars) are universal within model years? I see a few for 2013 for sail around me. Coming from a Toyota built in Japan no less, I was very skeptical of owning MB, But this car checked exactly all the needs I had. V6, AWD, and not the size of a school bus.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:28 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
I bought a set of Thule 53 inch Aeroblades and 450R rapid crossroad clamps for a vehicle back 10 years ago and they still work on the GLK's. Easy on and off and have loaded them with 4x8 panels and lumber beyond the roof recommendation with no problems. I like them because a) you can use them on many vehicles, b) they are easy to get off and on, c) they stick out beyond the rails so you can use bungees to fix the load from side to side, d) they look good and don't make noise. Back when I bought them, Rack Attack had the best deal but shop around.
I do not leave them on since I did not buy the optional locks, suggested if you are going to use them for skiing or other where they are unattended, I can install them in less than 5 minutes. Each foot has its own built-in key for tightening and rubber straps which will not mar the paint.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:30 PM

2015 GLK350
I have been thinking of going that route. But they aren't cheap the Thule ones I looked at are $250 each does not include the bike carrier. I have bikes worth less than that. I may just get a good quality cargo liner if anyone has recommendations