GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2013 GLK - blind spot inoperative. Can I DIY fix?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 CLA 45, 2013 GLK 350
2013 GLK - blind spot inoperative. Can I DIY fix?

3 days ago, the blind spot assist on the passenger side started acting up and wouldn’t detect cars. It would then frequently show up as inoperative on the dash. 2 days ago, the error would occur every time I start the car. Today the error doesn’t come up, but the blind spot assist doesnt work. No yellow or red indicators on the mirror despite turning the blind spot assist on or off. Im wondering if I blew a fuse. Anyhow, if I purchase a used radar, can I simply swap them out? I’m going to buy a used radar and new harness. I’m fairly certain it’s corrosion. We have so much salt here in Ontario.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:12 PM

Received 152 Likes on 132 Posts
2013 GLK350
some people from canada said that it would be covered under a technical service bulletin or whatever.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:49 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 CLA 45, 2013 GLK 350
Originally Posted by JohnnyC
some people from canada said that it would be covered under a technical service bulletin or whatever.
my car is out of warranty. TSB doesn’t cover the labour or parts I believe. I’ll double check on Monday with Mercedes.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 217 Posts
GLK 250
Most likely corroded rear radar sensor(s) and/or wire harness behind rear bumper.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:40 PM

Received 132 Likes on 88 Posts
GLK250 ML350
Originally Posted by Van Ha Nguyen
3 days ago, the blind spot assist on the passenger side started acting up and wouldn’t detect cars. It would then frequently show up as inoperative on the dash. 2 days ago, the error would occur every time I start the car. Today the error doesn’t come up, but the blind spot assist doesnt work. No yellow or red indicators on the mirror despite turning the blind spot assist on or off. Im wondering if I blew a fuse. Anyhow, if I purchase a used radar, can I simply swap them out? I’m going to buy a used radar and new harness. I’m fairly certain it’s corrosion. We have so much salt here in Ontario.
Yes you can. check out my latest post

https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...-thread-2.html
Old 05-25-2018, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 250, BMW 335d
Blind Spot Inoperative

Originally Posted by Van Ha Nguyen
I have a 2013 GLK 250 and my system was replaced with the complements of MB and corrosion at the connectors was the stated cause. Supposedly they replaced the radar sensors and the wiring harness between all the rear bumper units (backup sensors) and put some sort of block to prevent the snow and salt from getting around he sensors. At least visit the dealership and ask about a replacement program as all that takes is time.
Cheers