GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Leatherette seat covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK
Leatherette seat covers

I was wondering can some one recommend a leatherette seat covers for the rear and front seats for a GLK.Some thing that looks decent and fits tight.

Last edited by Toronto Toronto; 04-29-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'06 CLS 500
Just wanted to provide another update.
So i figured out how to remove the entire front passenger lower seat cushion, hardest part was figuring out how to remove the yellow SRS sensor adapter without forcing it (i did not have any adapter keys to unclip it, had to finagle with some tiny screwdrivers). The other annoyance was drilling out the rivets to remove the compartment and finding the right size screws to replace them with until I get my hands on a rivet gun.

I also found a place nearby that was able to replace the seat cover for a reasonable price, $350, with vinyl that looked as good as when it was new.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 GLK350 4Matic
Very nice looking seat cover fix. I was sort of shocked the seats in the GLK350 4matic are not real leather when I purhased mine, Although the seats are in decent condition,I used a product to help keep them nice, soft, and supple. It is actually used for shoes but will work super well on seats regardless if real leather nor not, Cadillac Boot & Shoe Care. Clean cotton washclothe to apply a few thin layers so you do not soak the seat, leave it on over night then rub it off several times to get any extra residue off. Then to further protect the seat I ordered some not so expensive seat covers off eBay that wrap from the top to bottom of the seat back or bottom just to help keep the wear down.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:48 PM

Received 520 Likes on 286 Posts
18 AMG GTC and 22 F150 Limited. Past owner 16 Maybach, 17 Brabus Smartcar, 06 Ford E150, and 22 G70
I agree about the micro fiber but if hubby saw me using them I would have to stuff his finger in a spark plug coil with engine running to defribulate him. Just easier to follow directions.

Conversely speaking he knows when it comes to the mechanical stuff with the cars he goes off and let’s wife do it because she knows what’s she’s doing.......
Old 09-11-2019, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 217 Posts
GLK 250
Originally Posted by Katie22
I agree about the micro fiber but if hubby saw me using them I would have to stuff his finger in a spark plug coil with engine running to defribulate him. Just easier to follow directions.

Conversely speaking he knows when it comes to the mechanical stuff with the cars he goes off and let’s wife do it because she knows what’s she’s doing.......
FYI, the option for leather bottom seat covers exist. They're just more expensive than the MB-tex stuff. See here for price details and color options.